GDT: 1/22/21 7pm ET Buffalo at Washington, MSG & WGR

jsb

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Risto/McCabe both +2 tonight while having the most minutes as well.  Dahlin -2 (worst on team) with only 10 minutes played tonight (not much in the 3rd).  I don't think he's physically hurt, but rather mentally shot right now.  RK has no solution to fix him.

He looks lost out there.

4 minutes ago, tom webster said:

It’s hockey. Missing stars for one or two games, especially for a veteran team is no big deal. The Sabres are playing fine and three of their best players are struggling. They will be fine.

I think posters said that in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 etc etc etc. 

Could the Sabres magically turn everything around and start playing well and possibly make the playoffs?  I guess anything is possible. If I had to bet any of my money on their chances, I’d say add 2021 to the list of lost years. The proof of the inadequacy of this teams talent, coaching, front office and ownership has been more than obvious over the past 10 years. Anyone claiming with confidence it’s going to turn around this year is just wishful thinking at this point. It’s not based on any measurable facts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Well, baby face sure. But he's 6'3" 183#. That's not so junior high.

Oh, I went to junior high with a few strokes like that. Of course none of them were very athletic. Listening to his post game interview, he has some serious hockey sense. He could turn out to be a good one.

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Could the Sabres magically turn everything around and start playing well and possibly make the playoffs?  I guess anything is possible. If I had to bet any of my money on their chances, I’d say add 2021 to the list of lost years. The proof of the inadequacy of this teams talent, coaching, front office and ownership has been more than obvious over the past 10 years. Anyone claiming with confidence it’s going to turn around this year is just wishful thinking at this point. It’s not based on any measurable facts. 

Remember, Jack Eichel was gonna turn this team around. The rebuild was just beginning. 5 years later, the rebuild continues.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Billznut said:

Disagree. Their are underlying numbers in their favor. Not all and there are things that need to be cleaned up but like I said, if Jack plays like we know he will, Jeff puts a couple in this team is 4-1 and nobody is complaining. This year is different. I’m completely confident that they are a playoff team.

10 minutes ago, tom webster said:

It’s hockey. Missing stars for one or two games, especially for a veteran team is no big deal. The Sabres are playing fine and three of their best players are struggling. They will be fine.

A full strength rested team, not beating Washington tonight with Ovechkin and three others out, and  then Wilson out for  the 3rd and OT, and you say thet are playing fine.   No emotion.  No energy.  

Can’t even help Linus get a win in a tough situation for him.  

Our best player has yet to score a goal and our someday star defenseman contributed no points and was -2.  

• Like (+1) 4

Havent read the thread, but I think Ralph’s tendencies got away from him tonight.

No idea why Tage sat the entire period. Can’t see it being good for a player trying find his confidence.

Dylan in the shootout was all theatre; I doubt he showed anything to earn it.

Taylor Hall is mediocre in shootouts and had his worst game as a Sabre. Not sure why he shot 2nd

But the big issue was continuing to ram the Eichel line down Washington’s throat when they clearly were pressing. The other lines get benched and shook up.

Coulda woulda shoulda. That’s a game that will haunt us.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

Disagree. Their are underlying numbers in their favor. Not all and there are things that need to be cleaned up but like I said, if Jack plays like we know he will, Jeff puts a couple in this team is 4-1 and nobody is complaining. This year is different. I’m completely confident that they are a playoff team.

Sometimes ppl deserve to have their faith rewarded.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I think the Buffalo Bills have a better chance of winning the super bowl this year and then going 19-0 next year and winning it all again, than the Sabres do of making the playoffs this year. And I’m not exaggerating or trying to be funny at all. If I had to put money on one of those two outcomes actually occurring, I’d choose the Bills without hesitation. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Remember, Jack Eichel was gonna turn this team around. The rebuild was just beginning. 5 years later, the rebuild continues.

Yup...3 rookie GM's, a rookie HC followed by another with minimal HC experience plus lack of seasoned hockey president.....I guess it's not a surprise.

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Did I hit a nerve there, thorny?  I asked a simple question based on a comment you made and now you're about to cry.

or if you blame someone, you could at least point out what they're doing wrong. But that might be a big lift for some of you.

Power Play underperforms because every team knows how to defend it and he has used the same power play since he's been here 

Breakout has sucked since he's been the coach and continues to be a problem

They get pushed around and don't respond

He's a pompous ass, just listen to his post game pressers. Pegulas bought his pile of crap in his job interview 

Compare him to Sean McDermott and his approach, who succeeds

Its the players right? All twenty-whatever of them, right?

He's talking right now...."We are Snake-bit".... We've got to find a way to turn it around" Really? What's to find Ralph? You don't know?

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Dahlin is -2 and has just over 10 minutes on ice this game....RK must have decided he's seen enough from #26 tonight.

Yeah.  This is concerning.  He is not playing well. He gets punched in the schnoz and skates away with no fight.  Does nothing the next game against the same team.  Tonight he is lost.  Ten minutes of ice time when we are looking for 24 minutes and Norris like play.   

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Power Play underperforms because every team knows how to defend it and he has used the same power play since he's been here 

Breakout has sucked since he's been the coach and continues to be a problem

They get pushed around and don't respond

He's a pompous ass, just listen to his post game pressers. Pegulas bought his pile of crap in his job interview 

Compare him to Sean McDermott and his approach, who succeeds

Its the players right? All twenty-whatever of them, right?

He's talking right now...."We are Snake-bit".... We've got to find a way to turn it around" Really? What's to find Ralph? You don't know?

The only thing he said that made sense tonight was that there are no excuses for losing the game.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yeah.  This is concerning.  He is not playing well. He gets punched in the schnoz and skates away with no fight.  Does nothing the next game against the same team.  Tonight he is lost.  Ten minutes of ice time when we are looking for 24 minutes and Norris like play.   

I think that punch to his beak ***** him up. This ain't Europe Rasmus, time to put the big boy pants on. 

44 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Did I hit a nerve there, thorny?  I asked a simple question based on a comment you made and now you're about to cry.

or if you blame someone, you could at least point out what they're doing wrong. But that might be a big lift for some of you.

Perhaps you could dial it back...

39 minutes ago, tom webster said:

No, they will continue to be the same Sabres we all know and love of the past decade. Lose the next one also, and they will be done for this season. It is a shortened season in a very tough division and they played a handicapped Capitals club and got beat. They are far from fine.

• Like (+1) 1

The problem is Jack Eichel. He floats all game long... like he's too cool to try. He sets the tone for the rest of the team.

The sad part is, when he actually tries I have him as a top 5 maybe top 3 player in the league. 

I guarantee you that if you could track a player's mileage per game, McDavid would cover twice the ice as Eichel. Its so frustrating to watch.

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.