GDT: 1/19/21 7pm ET, Sabres at Philadelphia Flyers, MSG & WGR

jsb

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

Dahlin should probably be the one to have a few things to say to Aube-Kubel. Either that or he should pack up his balls and donate em to someone else.

Why? So he can get punched in his already half broken nose.  I’m all for the kid standing up for himself but I don’t want him to get a deviated septum for this punk. Unless he’s going to go full on Steve Lattimer and get all gacked up for tonight’s contest, let’s have someone slightly less important do the deed.  

5F17828B-D731-4E43-9F12-079DDAB34900.jpeg

I'm not saying Dahlin should fight him, although that would be clean and simple and preferred.

I'm also not saying he should put the team in a hole by selfishly running around seeking retribution.

I am saying he should take his number and at the right moment give back to him what he took: via clean hipcheck, vicious crosscheck in the crease, sneaky elbow or butt end Messier-style. It's not about revenge, it's about setting the tone for the next ten years that Dahlin is not someone who can be intimidated. He's already got his nose bloodied. Bloody it back.

I've always thought he had it in him. I'd like to see it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Anybody expect this team to score 11 goals in 3 games against 2 of the top teams in the division, none of which were empty netters & only be 1-2-0?

Note: did not ask if people expected them to be 1-2; asked if people thought they'd score nearly 4 gpm & still be under 0.500.  (Realizing full well that nobody here, except possibly JohnC, trusts Hutton further than we can throw him.)  (This can be a strange game sometimes.)

Would've expected they were at least 2-1 scoring that many.

Time to get to 0.500.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

According to the NHL Stats page there are 4 Sabres who have yet to record a point this season:

Cody Eakin

Colin Miller

Jeff Skinner

Rasmus Dahlin

Two of these are not like the other. 

Does anyone get off this list tonight? Who will be the last active skater to register a point?

Dahlin 1G 2A tonight. Book it.

23 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Anybody expect this team to score 11 goals in 3 games against 2 of the top teams in the division, none of which were empty netters & only be 1-2-0?

Note: did not ask if people expected them to be 1-2; asked if people thought they'd score nearly 4 gpm & still be under 0.500.  (Realizing full well that nobody here, except possibly JohnC, trusts Hutton further than we can throw him.)  (This can be a strange game sometimes.)

Would've expected they were at least 2-1 scoring that many.

Time to get to 0.500.

Scoring goals good.

Losing 2 of 3 bad.

Paradox Thoughts, by Dr. Phil Sabrestooth

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

I've got some $$$ on Dahlin scoring tonight. Nothing serious but a good return if he does.

Dahlin should score and then he should revisit Abdullah the Butcher (not gonna bother to look up his real name) and even things up.  

35 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, in for Cozens (based on Krueger's earlier talk about how he plans to use Cozens) or is somebody injured?

Any word on who was dropped to the taxi squad?  (Guessing Cozens if he's the one sitting.)

I'm a little surprised they're picking today for a rest day given that we have two days off before our next game.  But I do think it's a good idea to give him a day here and there.

Just now, Let's Go B-Lo said:

We need two more then.

And I'll form the head!   Which Rasmus is the head?

If Asplund is coming in for Cozens, I'm agreeable to it. Cozens is looking better, but still a step behind and moment late, particularly in clearing his own zone. He's got the instincts and when the game slows down for him, he'll be good.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.