GDT 1/18/21 Buffalo Sabres @ Philadelphia Flyers 7:30 —NBCSN

bob_sauve28

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

There is a goalie shortage right now, so more than a few teams looking. Not a buyers market 

If Linus is out there are going to have to find out a way to do something, their inactivity in addressing the position this offseason left them in a tough spot, and a spot where they were ill prepared to deal with any sort of roster loss. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

If Linus is out there are going to have to find out a way to do something, their inactivity in addressing the position this offseason left them in a tough spot, and a spot where they were ill prepared to deal with any sort of roster loss. 

Yup, they did not address this issue. Carter Hutton did not see many great opportunities tonight. This team is good, but when they need good goaltending, they might be screwed. 

11 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Oh no, he's lost his love for the game  😞

Seriously, it sounds like a serious family issue.  I hope things can work out.

Maybe I'm being hopeful but my guess is more so a more general issue of it being understandably difficult for him to be away from his young child and family right now. If it was something really serious emergency wise I dunno why "sleeping on it" would even be an option. 

Not to mitigate the painful mindset he may be operating under at all, just thinking it may be more like the other opt-outs we've seen. Maybe he took one go at it and found his heart wasn't in it. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Maybe I'm being hopeful but my guess is more so a more general issue of it being understandably difficult for him to be away from his young child and family right now. If it was something really serious I dunno why "sleeping on it" would even be an option. 

Not to mitigate the painful mindset he may be operating under at all, just thinking it may be more like the other opt-outs we've seen. Maybe he took one go at it and found his heart wasn't in it. 

That doesn’t fit with Hutton talking about ‘horrible news’ for Linus.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

That doesn’t fit with Hutton talking about ‘horrible news’ for Linus.

He could have meant that the fact Linus is undergoing mental anguish is horrible news. 

Depression can be horrible news. 

It was unclear whether Ullmark received horrible news or whether for Hutton, hearing about Ullmark was "horrible news". I thought the latter, but again, that may be thinking hopefully. 

Just hoping it's not some sort of family emergency. Anyways, no sense speculating further, let's just wait and see. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, ubkev said:

If the absolute worst thing that will happen to you is a 4 minute double minor penalty, and the guy you're punching in the face never does anything about it, then why wouldn't you? Only a few things feel better than punching another man in the face.

Or stuffing the net with a needless goal just because you can.

That was a true joy to watch; I hope they play like this more often!

Maybe a punch to the face is what Dahlin needed, certainly worked last year.

Patrick Sharp said the Sabres sent a statement to Philly by sending out their 1st PP unit and scoring after that idiotic play with 2min left. I'd agree

• Like (+1) 6

11 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Hall-Eichel-Cozens

Skinner-Lazar-Reinhart

Rieder-Eakin-Oloffson

Sheahan-Staal-Thompson

Samson is glued to Jack for rest of season now.

As for our goalie, don't think there are plenty options out there that make me confident they are better than hutton.   Worst case we call up 6K from the AHL.

• Like (+1) 1

Glad that they won. I figured with Hutton in net, they would get bombed. Three games in and I’ve already lost interest.  😂

I did flip over to the game a few times just to check the score...and one of the time I did check, the Flyers scored! 😞

Pretty sad that I found Everybody Loves Raymond reruns more interesting. 😊

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Glad that they won. I figured with Hutton in net, they would get bombed. Three games in and I’ve already lost interest.  😂

I did flip over to the game a few times just to check the score...and one of the time I did check, the Flyers scored! 😞

Pretty sad that I found Everybody Loves Raymond reruns more interesting. 😊

You found Raymond reruns more interesting than the best performance the Sabres had in a long time???

You got a little too used to not having hockey.

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

You found Raymond reruns more interesting than the best performance the Sabres had in a long time???

You got a little too used to not having hockey.

😂.  I’m sure I will ease my way back in to watching them.    I guess the last 10 years have done a number on my love for Sabres hockey. 

11 hours ago, Thorny said:

I know a Zamboni driver that has some killer stats looking for a full time gig.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.