GDT 1/18/21 Buffalo Sabres @ Philadelphia Flyers 7:30 —NBCSN

bob_sauve28

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So much for our analytics dept.

Skinner good - 4th line and 14 minutes and with two plumbers

Montour and Dahlin bad - they play together and play 20-23 minutes.  

Sure that makes sense.  

2 hours ago, jad1 said:

Krueger's a fraud.  This lineup isn't based on analytics or principles; it's based on wishful thinking.

Cozens isn't a 2nd line player yet.  Lazar isn't going to recapture his scoring touch from juniors 6 years ago. Thompson's ceiling is 13th or 14th foward.  Sheahan isn't a NHL quality player. Skinner is a top six foward (especially on this roster).

The only thing this lineup is missing is Hutton in goal.

Hopefully the team gets an MVP-quality performance from the top line and some puck luck to pull out a win.

If this team isn’t going to make lineup and personnel decisions based on analytics, they are dead in the water.   Can they hire one smart ***** person?  

• Thanks (+1) 1

lol the way people lose their mind - we are two games into a season and in one of those games we dominated but still lost. We could easily be at 1-1, or even 2-0.

No need for panic yet.

I agree the Skinner stuff is a bit odd.

But also remember it is as much building for the future as it is now. Maybe Dahlin and Mountour aren't great together. However, both are playing poorly individually with basic hockey. That will skew the stats. And maybe in 10 games they are a dominant force on the ice, such that for 46 games its worth the 10 of pain

8 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

lol the way people lose their mind - we are two games into a season and in one of those games we dominated but still lost. We could easily be at 1-1, or even 2-0.

No need for panic yet.

But also remember it is as much building for the future as it is now. Maybe Dahlin and Mountour aren't great together. However, both are playing poorly individually with basic hockey. That will skew the stats. And maybe in 10 games they are a dominant force on the ice, such that for 46 games its worth the 10 of pain

I want whatever you are smoking 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

No need for panic yet.

People have been losing their minds at the beginning of each of the last 10 seasons.  And yet when those seasons ended, those who lost their minds early pretty much had it figured out.

Right now, just start by putting something out on the ice that makes a lick of sense.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jad1 said:

People have been losing their minds at the beginning of each of the last 10 seasons.  And yet when those seasons ended, those who lost their minds early pretty much had it figured out.

Right now, just start by putting something out on the ice that makes a lick of sense.  

We went 8-2 in our opening ten last year. I'm not sure how you start a season has a ton of bearing on how you finish.

I remember a recent champion team was last in the league at one point before winning it all that season.

17 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It's a good thing they didn't prioritize upgrading the back up! Lol in seriousness, this team needs help. 

It's early, but with a short season...it's tough enough to make up ground w/the regular amount of runway - I think we need to win at least 1 of 2 against Philly or we are likely cooked.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

34 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's a good thing they didn't prioritize upgrading the back up! Lol in seriousness, this team needs help. 

We’ve been concerned with Carter playing 15-20 games. God help us if he has to shoulder #1 duties.

Johansson looked awful in camp too.

Im worried about Linus, especially after the “immigration issues” at camp. I’m pretty sure he has a new baby. I hope all is well on the home front.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

It's early, but with a short season...it's tough enough to make up ground w/the regular amount of runway - I think we need to win at least 1 of 2 against Philly or we are likely cooked.

💯 on Adams

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.