Practice Lines 1/17/21

Brawndo

Just now, PASabreFan said:

I'm getting at the memory we have of those few goals, which at the time had us as heady as at any time since 2006 and 2007. I suspect it's coloring the pro Skinner sentiment.

I think it's just the fact that we know what he is good at and we're wasting that entirely for our head coach to stick to his principles. Paying Skinner $9M/year to grind on the 4th line because you don't like how he plays is ***** stupid 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I think it's just the fact that we know what he is good at and we're wasting that entirely for our head coach to stick to his principles. Paying Skinner $9M/year to grind on the 4th line because you don't like how he plays is ***** stupid 

That's the head coach's perogie.

Skinner's a streaky one way player who hasn't streaked since Woodstock.

Meh.

The only way this makes sense is if Skinner will eventually be playing regularly with Okposo, who still has some touch.  Okposo is also defencively responsible.  If Cozens adjusts quickly to the NHL, then Skinner-Cozens-Okposo makes sense as a 3rd line.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

The only way this makes sense is if Skinner will eventually be playing regularly with Okposo, who still has some touch.  Okposo is also defencively responsible.  If Cozens adjusts quickly to the NHL, then Skinner-Cozens-Okposo makes sense as a 3rd line.

...in otherwords, they'll never play together under RK

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

RK has a number of strengths as a HC.  Line combinations don't seem to be one of them.  Unlike McDermott with the Bills, who has earned the benefit of the doubt for his personnel moves, RK hasn't earned it yet.

What strengths?  I can't come up with any except his so-called motivational speaking.

13 hours ago, Brawndo said:

This is starting to get ridiculous with Skinner. 

I'm sorry for the language but I have no other way to say this. This is batshit crazy.

Obviously they feel Thompson didn't cut it on line 1, fair enough, but if Reinhart can't go Olofsson should switch over to RW and Skinner should be on line 2 in his spot. 

This Krueger/Skinner thing is going to destroy this season quickly and sorry Ralph, but you will be the one out the door as the prima donna is locked up for years. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

What strengths?  I can't come up with any except his so-called motivational speaking.

That's the main one I was thinking of.  Also, players love him and want to play for him.  He was a big reason that Hall signed with Buffalo.  He had one of the best years of his career with Krueger in Edmonton.  Risto, who had wanted out of Buffalo, also says he wants to be a part of what they are building.  Eichel had his best season by far under Krueger.  So he clearly has some strengths.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.