Jump to content

Practice Lines 1/17/21


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This is starting to get ridiculous with Skinner. 

So, does Adams have a tentative deal for Skinner worked out w/ someone but they need him to be willing to waive the NMC to consumate it?

Edited by Taro T
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Would Skinner have as many defenders if he hadn't scored a few huge goals during that winning streak?

I mean he put up 40, not a few

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I mean he put up 40, not a few

I'm getting at the memory we have of those few goals, which at the time had us as heady as at any time since 2006 and 2007. I suspect it's coloring the pro Skinner sentiment.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PASabreFan said:

I'm getting at the memory we have of those few goals, which at the time had us as heady as at any time since 2006 and 2007. I suspect it's coloring the pro Skinner sentiment.

I think it's just the fact that we know what he is good at and we're wasting that entirely for our head coach to stick to his principles. Paying Skinner $9M/year to grind on the 4th line because you don't like how he plays is ***** stupid 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

Two games in and out lines look like garbage.  Pilsbury Doughboy Mitts goes from the press box to the first line.  

He's a placeholder.  Reinhart is the 1RW after Friday's game and they gave him the day off.

  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Skinner and Rieder seems to be the only Sabres forwards who played hard every shift.  These lines are a joke.  The Skinner thing is making the Sabres a bigger joke around the NHL.  KA needs to have a serious talk with RK.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I think it's just the fact that we know what he is good at and we're wasting that entirely for our head coach to stick to his principles. Paying Skinner $9M/year to grind on the 4th line because you don't like how he plays is ***** stupid 

That's the head coach's perogie.

Skinner's a streaky one way player who hasn't streaked since Woodstock.

Meh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way this makes sense is if Skinner will eventually be playing regularly with Okposo, who still has some touch.  Okposo is also defencively responsible.  If Cozens adjusts quickly to the NHL, then Skinner-Cozens-Okposo makes sense as a 3rd line.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

The only way this makes sense is if Skinner will eventually be playing regularly with Okposo, who still has some touch.  Okposo is also defencively responsible.  If Cozens adjusts quickly to the NHL, then Skinner-Cozens-Okposo makes sense as a 3rd line.

...in otherwords, they'll never play together under RK

Link to post
Share on other sites

RK has a number of strengths as a HC.  Line combinations don't seem to be one of them.  Unlike McDermott with the Bills, who has earned the benefit of the doubt for his personnel moves, RK hasn't earned it yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

RK has a number of strengths as a HC.  Line combinations don't seem to be one of them.  Unlike McDermott with the Bills, who has earned the benefit of the doubt for his personnel moves, RK hasn't earned it yet.

That’s an understatement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

RK has a number of strengths as a HC.  Line combinations don't seem to be one of them.  Unlike McDermott with the Bills, who has earned the benefit of the doubt for his personnel moves, RK hasn't earned it yet.

What strengths?  I can't come up with any except his so-called motivational speaking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Brawndo said:

This is starting to get ridiculous with Skinner. 

I'm sorry for the language but I have no other way to say this. This is batshit crazy.

Obviously they feel Thompson didn't cut it on line 1, fair enough, but if Reinhart can't go Olofsson should switch over to RW and Skinner should be on line 2 in his spot. 

This Krueger/Skinner thing is going to destroy this season quickly and sorry Ralph, but you will be the one out the door as the prima donna is locked up for years. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

What strengths?  I can't come up with any except his so-called motivational speaking.

That's the main one I was thinking of.  Also, players love him and want to play for him.  He was a big reason that Hall signed with Buffalo.  He had one of the best years of his career with Krueger in Edmonton.  Risto, who had wanted out of Buffalo, also says he wants to be a part of what they are building.  Eichel had his best season by far under Krueger.  So he clearly has some strengths.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...