GDT: 1/15/21 7pm ET Washington @ Buffalo - FREE GAME ON NHL.com

MODO Hockey

hockey-washington-capitals-bruce-cowick- 

Imagine if Ralp Kreuger wasnt in charge of who plays where. 

It's 8:30 in the morning, coffee coup nr 3 and gravel in my eyes, but it was worth beeing up all night to watch a team that have not reached playoffs in a decade. 
It was worth it, cause it's been to long without any hockey at all. Hope, is the last thing that leave our souls. 

Anyway,

The lines need to change. Rapidly.

Hall - Eichel - Olofsson
Skinner - Staal - Reinhart
Reider - Eakin - Cozens
Asplund - Lazar - Sheahan 

Dahlin - Jokiharju
Miller - Montour
Mccabe - Ristolainen

Some may agree to these lines above, some not and that is just fine, but we all agree that last night was a disaster (eventhough it was the first game)

And obviously this guy need to save this team tonight!
163371_borta_bra_men_hemma_bast_for_linu

I'm making a phat panny tonight, what about you ?

img_0046.jpg

Edited by MODO Hockey
Woah, you guys are right its b2b @ home. My bad. Changed the topic
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If I were to change the lines based on last nights play, Staal and Okposo still out, I go with the below:

Hall-Eichel-Thompson

Skinner-Mittelstadt-Cozens

Rieder-Eakin-Reinhart

Oloffson-Lazar-Sheahan 

And only reason Skinner/Hall aren’t swapped is because of an unwritten agreement.  I also doubt the coach swaps Cozens/Reinhart like I did here too

Edited by triumph_communes

One of the very few games I saw before last night was the US v Canada game and I got to tell you, the level of attack and forecheck from team USA was about 98% more than what the Sabres did last night. If the Sabres aren't going to skate hard and continue to back off in all the zones (which I am convinced is coached) coupled with the clear desire to run the o-zone from the point, this team isn't going anywhere. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Man with Staal probably out I wish we had a creative puck moving center that had good skating and could play 2c... like idk maybe a Finnish player or something. 

I also wish we had a 40g winger that could play with Cozens but we don't sadly. 

is staal out today?

they are in buffalo

Edited by miles
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

One of the very few games I saw before last night was the US v Canada game and I got to tell you, the level of attack and forecheck from team USA was about 98% more than what the Sabres did last night. If the Sabres aren't going to skate hard and continue to back off in all the zones (which I am convinced is coached) coupled with the clear desire to run the o-zone from the point, this team isn't going anywhere. 

It was the US Fin game that was fierce. The US was toasted by the 3rd period against Canada, who looked like were coached by Kreuger

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I will say it again when it comes to the Buffalo Sabres. This team lacks any sort of heart or personality. 

Sometimes it does, but the leader has to be in the mood. No one's really sure when that's going to happen, but if it didn't happen last night, that's an issue.

41 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Sometimes it does, but the leader has to be in the mood. No one's really sure when that's going to happen, but if it didn't happen last night, that's an issue.

Our captain did not play at the intensity level we saw out of Hall last night.  At least that's how I saw it.

• Like (+1) 3

I hopped a transport after Hall made it 1-1 last night and only got radio messages from then on out, but it sounded like a haphazard preseason game... which is to be expected, honestly. Except for one thing that stuck out at me.

Rob said on the broadcast that Coach Krueger said to paraphrase "just go out and have fun" and he wasn't going to do much "coaching", and that now during a break having just given up a goal he was doing more "coaching", I guess meaning yelling or gathering everyone together at the bench or whatnot.

But that is alarming. This is a 56-game season all intra-division. Going out and just having fun can be a useful message, but you need haste. If ever there was a season of "go out and attack and start fast, be relentless on the puck, set the tone" this is the season for it.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I thought these guys would go through a wall for Ralph? That one reminded me of the scrimmage at camp. Made me want to ralph🤮. Ramp it up boys!

Yeah but it's one of those papier-mâché walls you see in the movies.

Ooh, the software automatically adds accents.  Fancy!

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Man with Staal probably out I wish we had a creative puck moving center that had good skating and could play 2c... like idk maybe a Finnish player or something. 

I also wish we had a 40g winger that could play with Cozens but we don't sadly. 

What you want a coach who thinks offense is important? How dare you.  Defense wins championships. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I was thinking about posting a USA vs Canada analogy during the first period. Wash looked like the USA and we like Canada during the first period. 

Maybe Nate Leaman should be our next coach.  His whole system was get behind the D and forecheck like crazy.  

I was not impressed last night. Overall it was a poor effort.

Dahlin let me down.

The Staal gaffe was brutal.

Hutton scared me all game long.

On the positive side, they were one down with a minute to go after playing like crap. 
Ullmark will bring a better game, Dahlin will rebound and I hope Staal is OK.

Let’s go Buffalo!

My hangover tells me that beers of sorrow is not worth it.

I'm curious if the teams that have had more changes to their lineup will struggle early on as they adjust to gameplay and each other.

I'm still glad we get to see hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LTS said:

My hangover tells me that beers of sorrow is not worth it.

I'm curious if the teams that have had more changes to their lineup will struggle early on as they adjust to gameplay and each other.

I'm still glad we get to see hockey.

This is said about the Sabres every season. I wouldn't blame change as much as ineffective change.

But, yeah, if the Sabres still look this bad when they play that home and home with the Caps in mid-January, I'll be worried.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

This is said about the Sabres every season. I wouldn't blame change as much as ineffective change.

But, yeah, if the Sabres still look this bad when they play that home and home with the Caps in mid-January, I'll be worried.

Yeah, but I mean all teams.  Washington didn't look good last night but a few times at least their players seemed to know where the others would be on the ice. Buffalo looked straight out lost at times and I don't think it's just a lack of talent.  I haven't looked at other teams to see if its isolated to the Sabres.  Just a lack of any pre-season games might play into teams that have a more cohesive returning roster getting off to a quicker start than others.

If they look this bad by mid-February I'll be saving money on my Fubo subscription.  I love this team, but not enough to pay that much money to watch them lose. 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

hockey-washington-capitals-bruce-cowick- 

Imagine if Ralp Kreuger wasnt in charge of who plays where. 

It's 8:30 in the morning, coffee coup nr 3 and gravel in my eyes, but it was worth beeing up all night to watch a team that have not reached playoffs in a decade. 
It was worth it, cause it's been to long without any hockey at all. Hope, is the last thing that leave our souls. 

Anyway,

The lines need to change. Repidly.

Hall - Eichle - Olofsson
Skinner - Staal - Reinhart
Reider - Eakin - Cozens
Asplund - Lazar - Sheahan 

Dahlin - Jokiharju
Miller - Montour
Mccabe - Ristolainen

Some may agree to these lines above, some not and that is just fine, but we all agree that last night was a disaster (eventhough it was the first game)

And obviously this guy need to save this team tonight!
163371_borta_bra_men_hemma_bast_for_linu

I'm making a phat panny tonight, what about you ?

img_0046.jpg

Like these lines.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.