The Ralph Krueger put Jeff Skinner on the 4th line discussion including an excerpt from the instigators thread

inkman

• inkman changed the title to The Ralph Krueger put Jeff Skinner on the 4th line discussion including an excerpt from the instigators thread

Basically what I get is that there are some "team principles" for how they play on the ice and they don't think Skinner follows though on ice principles. 

"the instincts of Jeff Skinner and the principles of the team are on two different planets" - Marty Biron

• Like (+1) 1

Be above the puck, not below the puck. Be sound defensively. Work hard along the boards. - things Biron said are team principles. 

Marty talks about buying in to the team principles to be successful. Suggests that Skinner doesn't and that is why Krueger isn't giving him things. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Basically what I get is that there are some "team principles" for how they play on the ice and they don't think Skinner follows though on ice principles. 

"the instincts of Jeff Skinner and the principles of the team are on two different planets" - Marty Biron

Thus RK won’t budge an inch on his principals to work with the player and therefore he takes our best 5 on 5 scorer and relegates him to play with AAAA Lazar and PTO Sheahan.  That makes sense.  

So much for RKs great people skills.  Skinner needs to buy in but even Barry Trotz found a way to work with Ovie.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

They are talking about how Skinner needs to be more well rounded as a player. I honestly don't agree, I need skinner to score goals. 

I’m with yeah buddy.

Just now, dudacek said:

I thought it was a good conversations.

I'll repeat what I thought was implied from the other thread: the guys in the Sabres top 6 generally don't like playing with Jeff Sinner.

So build a line where Skinner is the focus but with players who might work skill wise.  Lazar and Sheahan aren’t those players.

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Can I ask why you draw this conclusion?

My guess would be he doesn’t pass the puck; probably because he isn’t good at it.  

For guys like Jack and Samson who both distribute and score, I would think Skinner’s inability or unwillingness to give the puck back would be really annoying.

25 minutes ago, inkman said:

Marty and Andrew were pretty critical of Skinner, Rivet took the opposing side of the argument.  

Rivet was a very good hockey player but frankly I don't like him on the Instigators. He makes the most simple statement sound so profound and is a total homer in most cases. I like Marty,Rob and Peters much better than Rivet. JMO.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m with yeah buddy.

So build a line where Skinner is the focus but with players who might work skill wise.  Lazar and Sheahan aren’t those players.

It's not as if anything is permanent.  He can play his way up the lineup.  Cozens is starting at wing, but he could move to center.  To me, none of the lineup is truly set in stone.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

It's not as if anything is permanent.  He can play his way up the lineup.  Cozens is starting at wing, but he could move to center.  To me, none of the lineup is truly set in stone.  

Cozens isn’t playing tonight w Skinner  Hard to move up if you don’t get a legit chance to show your worth.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

Rivet was a very good hockey player but frankly I don't like him on the Instigators. He makes the most simple statement sound so profound and is a total homer in most cases. I like Marty,Rob and Peters much better than Rivet. JMO.

I agree but I thought he represented the fan’s  take pretty well.   We went from having a $5 million dollar player on our 4th line to a $9 million dollar player on the 4th line.  Sheesh.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.