GDT: 1/14/21 7pm ET Washington at Buffalo, MSG, ESPN+, WGR

Adding crowd noise is fundamentally dishonest, but I think I can live with it. But it also seems they are delaying the video by a half second, making the audio a bit ahead. This gives the impression that Rick and Dan can call a goal the millisecond the puck crosses the goal line, and we know neither one is that good (anymore; Rick could in his prime, probably). That I find to be a bridge too far. Also — the horn is too quick and it smothers the goal call until they tone down the sound (help me Swamp).

The broadcast and the team sucking? They're consistent, gotta give 'em that.

• Like (+1) 1
1 hour ago, Weave said:

I’ve gotten so used to watching online streams from questionable sources that I hardly noticed the ads.

Ding ding ding 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Adding crowd noise is fundamentally dishonest, but I think I can live with it. But it also seems they are delaying the video by a half second, making the audio a bit ahead. This gives the impression that Rick and Dan can call a goal the millisecond the puck crosses the goal line, and we know neither one is that good (anymore; Rick could in his prime, probably). That I find to be a bridge too far. Also — the horn is too quick and it smothers the goal call until they tone down the sound (help me Swamp).

The broadcast and the team sucking? They're consistent, gotta give 'em that.

If there's a goal call at all when the other team scores I assume it's pre-recorded audio if Dunleavy is on the call 

Watching the Capitals vs Penguins game

Penguins have no offense and their goals are flukes. Washington controlling the play. Penguins mostly running an umbrella PP. Penguins PK they are all standing like statues. 

We looked better than the Penguins, with the caveat of the finishing bounces not going our way

Some people need to calm the hell down 

8 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Watching the Capitals vs Penguins game

Penguins have no offense and their goals are flukes. Washington controlling the play. Penguins mostly running an umbrella PP. Penguins PK they are all standing like statues. 

We looked better than the Penguins, with the caveat of the finishing bounces not going our way

Some people need to calm the hell down 

The difficult thing is we are 3 points out of a playoff spot after 2 games. The 4th place team has garnered 3 out of 4 possible points. 

With all these 3 point games, in division, it shows you how important getting to OT is, if you are going to lose. 

• Like (+1) 1