GDT: 1/14/21 7pm ET Washington at Buffalo, MSG, ESPN+, WGR

7 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Seems like the organization was worried about cap cost due to the pandemic or whatever excuse they are using this year. There were a lot of available goaltenders this off-season. It’s criminal that they didn’t try to improve the goaltending situation. 

Adams couldn't find a starting goalie to sign for $700,000 for a year. Tokarski is camp fodder.

Edited by Claude Balls

On the Beyond Blue & Gold Taylor Hall episode TP can be heard saying that “if we land Hall we’re not going for the playoffs but for the cup, now” to paraphrase. Terry, we ain’t close. 

1 minute ago, spndnchz said:

So instead of RK we can name him CK or cupcake. I’m ok with dat

Beginning to wonder if that’s why Hall likes him so much, a players coach.

• Haha (+1) 1

Goaltending might be the single easiest position in hockey to instantly improve. They rely on no one but themselves. Forwards and defenseman require the “system” and teammates. Goaltenders can just be plugged in and work without dependence on other factors. It’s the simplest fix yet the Sabres have struggled with it since Miller was traded. 
Yes I’m oversimplifying but I think most understand what I’m saying here. 

Edited by Billznut
  • Like (+1) 1

That's enough of a sample size for me to see what are going to get with this group. Another lost season. I really didn't think we would be going anywhere with this division. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  Wake me when we hire the new coach and a goaltender

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

On the Beyond Blue & Gold Taylor Hall episode TP can be heard saying that “if we land Hall we’re not going for the playoffs but for the cup, now” to paraphrase. Terry, we ain’t close. 

He really is clueless, isn't he? Knows less about hockey than football. Stick to digging holes Terry.

• Like (+1) 1

I suggest going back and watching the second goal again if you wanna feel something nice. 

Cozens makes so many hard effort plays, his hockey sense is great, too. That's a hell of a fitting first assist for the Workhorse. 

• Like (+1) 3
20 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Wasn’t Razor in the arena? I could have sworn they showed him there in pregame 

I listened to the radio broadcast while driving home and I thought he messed up and blamed it on being in Angola. I never saw him on the broadcast. Good chance I could be wrong

Just now, Stads said:

I listened to the radio broadcast while driving home and I thought he messed up and blamed it on being in Angola. I never saw him on the broadcast. Good chance I could be wrong

I’m pretty sure he was joking. I’m 99% sure they showed him upstairs in the arena 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I suggest going back and watching the second goal again if you wanna feel something nice. 

Cozens makes so many hard effort plays, his hockey sense is great, too. That's a hell of a fitting first assist for the Workhorse. 

I thought Cozens played well.....it's encouraging

• Like (+1) 1
5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Maybe the Refs just went out to have fun tonight and will start Reffing tomorrow?

Birth of a meme, I'm thinking. 

4 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Clear the view for your goalie 1

dont make a dumb ax giveaway in front of your net. 2

you win

Step 3 - have a goalie who can actually see

Your not going to win many games when you give up 5 goals ( plus one empty netter). Not that all five goals were hutton's fault but he's got to make at least two more saves than he did. I've been advocating for a new goalie all off season. That was Management's biggest mistake this past off season was not fixing goaltending.

• Like (+1) 2
7 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

That's enough of a sample size for me to see what are going to get with this group. Another lost season. I really didn't think we would be going anywhere with this division. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  Wake me when we hire the new coach and a goaltender

Really?   It way to early.   This group has not played together in a long time.  I understand the frustration but 1 game and your giving up?   

• Like (+1) 1
Just now, Thorny said:

Birth of a meme, I'm thinking. 

Step 3 - have a goalie who can actually see

Maybe Hutton went their to have fun tonight and tomorrow he'll start stopping pucks.

• Haha (+1) 2
1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Maybe Hutton went their to have fun tonight and tomorrow he'll start stopping pucks.

I want to be an alcoholic tonight and tomorrow I'll start being sober. 

Until game time