GDT: 1/14/21 7pm ET Washington at Buffalo, MSG, ESPN+, WGR

jsb

Just now, Billznut said:

There is zero chance the Sabres make a goaltending move during the season. They will live or die with these two. And after another missed playoff year I’d be shocked if they don’t bring in someone next year. But yes it should have been done this year if they were actually serious about winning. 

The easiest way to improve this team, this year, was to improve the goaltending, and Hutton is an AHLer...yet they stick with both.  

Shows you where the organization is in their thinking.

Eichel took the night off.  Nice!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

I still like RaKru; however, I can't believe he said what he said.  How passive can you get?  Poor example.  Can't fathom a coach like Torts even thinking that let alone delivering something like that

I like him too, but it's a weird comment

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

The easiest way to improve this team, this year, was to improve the goaltending, and Hutton is an AHLer...yet they stick with both.  

There is no way that the Sabres don't have a goalie in the system who is better than Hutton.  They HAVE to.  I don't care if it's Ryan Vinz.

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

6) I thought Cozens didn’t look out of place

7) Can’t wait to see the spine tomorrow of Eichel, Eakin, Lazar and Sheahan

8.) Hey RK, two checking lines don’t work.  Need scoring.

No, you see Skinner gives his line scoring... he just has to do it alone. 

2 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Seems like the organization was worried about cap cost due to the pandemic or whatever excuse they are using this year. There were a lot of available goaltenders this off-season. It’s criminal that they didn’t try to improve the goaltending situation. 

• Like (+1) 3

But Ralph you’re paid to coach. 

I watched that one on NHL.tv and that was just a terrible broadcast. Looping continually the entire game. If thats what I have to look forward to ? . Chromecast to my tv and the game ended on my phone a full 5 minutes before it ended on my tv ? Wtf

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Seems like the organization was worried about cap cost due to the pandemic or whatever excuse they are using this year. There were a lot of available goaltenders this off-season. It’s criminal that they didn’t try to improve the goaltending situation. 

Adams couldn't find a starting goalie to sign for $700,000 for a year. Tokarski is camp fodder.

Edited by Claude Balls

On the Beyond Blue & Gold Taylor Hall episode TP can be heard saying that “if we land Hall we’re not going for the playoffs but for the cup, now” to paraphrase. Terry, we ain’t close. 

1 minute ago, spndnchz said:

So instead of RK we can name him CK or cupcake. I’m ok with dat

Beginning to wonder if that’s why Hall likes him so much, a players coach.

• Haha (+1) 1

Goaltending might be the single easiest position in hockey to instantly improve. They rely on no one but themselves. Forwards and defenseman require the “system” and teammates. Goaltenders can just be plugged in and work without dependence on other factors. It’s the simplest fix yet the Sabres have struggled with it since Miller was traded. 
Yes I’m oversimplifying but I think most understand what I’m saying here. 

Edited by Billznut
  • Like (+1) 1

That's enough of a sample size for me to see what are going to get with this group. Another lost season. I really didn't think we would be going anywhere with this division. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  Wake me when we hire the new coach and a goaltender

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

On the Beyond Blue & Gold Taylor Hall episode TP can be heard saying that “if we land Hall we’re not going for the playoffs but for the cup, now” to paraphrase. Terry, we ain’t close. 

He really is clueless, isn't he? Knows less about hockey than football. Stick to digging holes Terry.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.