GDT: 1/14/21 7pm ET Washington at Buffalo, MSG, ESPN+, WGR

jsb

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Yep. Isn't is a good thing that we finally have enough good players to actually push Skinner down to the 3rd or 4th line?!

A little confused by this. He wasn't pushed out of the top 6 based on talent - I agree it's a good thing he can be subbed in for there, but that's not the same as saying it's good we are able to push him specifically down the lineup. 

Has that been a goal?

If it's more a general comment not specifically pertaining to Skinner, on the fact we can afford to put a T6 player on a B6 line, I agree totally. 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Thorny said:

Well he wasn't pushed out of the top 6 based on talent. I agree it's a good thing he can be subbed in for there, but that's not the same as saying it's good we are able to push him down the lineup. 

Has that been a goal?

Sure he has. Every player in the top six is not the same exact player. They all do what they do well and work together to make a line.  With the right linemates, I think Jeff could light it up on the 3/4 line.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Sure he has. Every player in the top six is not the same exact player. They all do what they do well and work together to make a line.  With the right linemates, I think Jeff could light it up on the 3/4 line.

I guess I was just confused by the "finally" bit. 

He's someone specifically you'd rather not be in the top 6, I take it? I don't have an argument here tbh I'm just asking out of interest. I don't see him as someone who inherently can't be in a top 6 though so I haven't been looking to get him out of there. 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Thorny said:

I guess I was just confused by the "finally" bit. 

He's someone specifically you'd rather not be in the top 6, I take it? I don't have an argument here tbh I'm just asking out of interest. 

Ah. No, I like Jeff. The "finally" was that we have actually have some talent on the team where we are able to move a Skinner down the lineup. I think it bodes well for our chances.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Ah. No, I like Jeff. The "finally" was that we have actually have some talent on the team where we are able to move a Skinner down the lineup. I think it bodes well for our chances.

20 minutes ago, Thorny said:

A little confused by this. He wasn't pushed out of the top 6 based on talent - I agree it's a good thing he can be subbed in for there, but that's not the same as saying it's good we are able to push him specifically down the lineup. 

Has that been a goal?

If it's more a general comment not specifically pertaining to Skinner, on the fact we can afford to put a T6 player on a B6 line, I agree totally. 

Ya. 

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’ll be interested to see if RK’s system continues to neuter Dahlin, or will he be allowed to carry the puck more, and be a greater force in the offensive zone. 

40 points in a 59 game season for a 19 year old defenseman is neutering?

• Thanks (+1) 1

I feel like it means Krueger trusts Hutton. 

I'm sure he values getting off to a good start, you'd wanna play your best goalie or at least something very close to, wouldn't you?

The other side is "we'll have more offensive pop tonight for the season opener so I'll save Ullmark for tomorrow" but I'm not sure that's very solid footing as basis. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.