GDT: 1/14/21 7pm ET Washington at Buffalo, MSG, ESPN+, WGR

jsb

5 minutes ago, fiftyone said:

Bah. I have ESPN+ so that's fine, but i'd unquestionably buy center ice early to hear RJ call it.

I think even with Center Ice, ESPN+ might be the only option for people outside the Buffalo market tonight.  I have NHL.tv (online version of Center Ice) and games on a national network are usually only available on that network and not on NHL.tv.  I don't have ESPN+ right now but I will probably sign up before the game.

Edited by Doohickie

12 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

A high school friend of mine lives in DC, has a Russian wife and named their twins Alex and Nicklas.  Apparently they've appeared on local news when the Caps won the Cup when they took the twins to a game, still infants at the time, in teeny Ovechkin and Bäckström jerseys.

Haha. Nice.

Real/die hard caps fans do exist, they are just a lot less common in my experience.  I've lived/worked in the area for 15+ years and in that time I'd say (while being a hockey snob I guess) that I've only met 3 "real" Caps fans. Then there are a bunch of casual fans and a ton of bandwagoners.

When I first moved here and the Caps were bad/only had Ovechkin the Sabres/Caps games were mostly Sabres fans. In more recent years, there are a decent number of Sabres fans since we tend to be everywhere.

But to my point about the fanbase, I've worked with 2 other Sabres fans (both Buffalo transplants like myself). So that's a pretty bad ratio I'd say. There should be far more die-hard Caps fans at work than Sabres fans. Of course this area has a ton of transplants so you get fans of all sorts of teams. It could just be my experience is atypical but I know a TON of Ravens and WFT fans by comparison.

I don't really know any Wizards fans, but I also don't really follow/talk basketball at work, so that could be part of the reason. Wizards seem far more popular in the area though despite not having the same level of success as the Capitals.

8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think even with Center Ice, ESPN+ might be the only option for people outside the Buffalo market tonight.  I have NHL.tv (online version of Center Ice) and games on a national network are usually only available on that network and not on NHL.tv.  I don't have ESPN+ right now but I will probably sign up before the game.

Not sure how it works this year but it used to be that NHL-TV still worked with ESPN+ doing the game

I have Center Ice, but I still have to watch the NBC Sports Washington coverage whenever we play the Capitals.

IIRC in years past games on ESPN+ didn't black out Center Ice, but this year could be different, or I could be wrong on that. The ESPN+ is pretty new. I don't recall ever missing a game because of it though.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

I actually hate Krueger for what he's doing to Skinner right now

If Cozens was there instead of Sheahan, it makes some sense but Krueger is so OBSESSED with his line balance ideas that he actually make lines not work by doing what he does. Good luck Skinner, it's you versus the other team in the offensive zone, have fun. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I actually hate Krueger for what he's doing to Skinner right now

Is it Ralph’s doing or Jeff’s?  Did you listen to the audit I posted in the Skinner thread?  The Instigators gave a pretty good case for both sides.   

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Is it Ralph’s doing or Jeff’s?  Did you listen to the audit I posted in the Skinner thread?  The Instigators gave a pretty good case for both sides.   

Admittedly I did not. It could be Skinner, but I never like the coach that tries to break a player and make them okay a grinding game just out of principal. The guy is what he is, if he's lazy or doesn't play the way you want, throwing him on the 4th to prove a point won't change that. Get some production out of what he can do where he can do it instead of wasting him 

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Ralph’s he makes the lineup.  As I predicted days ago all 5 of the 4th line players are in the lineup.  Garbage bottom 6.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

holy ***** waffle...

Carter Hutton is your starting GT tonight

Carter the Hutt Solo: I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a small dark blur.

Jack Eichwalker: The puck is important to see. You used to stop them, you know.

CtH: I'm going to stop them again, you know. Convenient.

Jack: Just stick close to McCabe and Risto. Halldo and I are taking care of everything.

Edited by DarthEbriate

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.