GDT: 1/14/21 7pm ET Washington at Buffalo, MSG, ESPN+, WGR

jsb

Stayed up last night to catch the first GDT.  Went off to sign up for Fubo so I can watch this season and it was a little after midnight when I was done. Forgot to stop back here and just went to bed....

Doesn't matter.. @jsb rockin out a great start to the season with a killer GDT.

I'll be parked in front of the screen with my reverse retro jersey on that my son bought me. 

I wish I had some idea of what to expect... but at this point I'm just happy that hockey is back!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LTS said:

Stayed up last night to catch the first GDT.  Went off to sign up for Fubo so I can watch this season and it was a little after midnight when I was done. Forgot to stop back here and just went to bed....

Doesn't matter.. @jsb rockin out a great start to the season with a killer GDT.

I'll be parked in front of the screen with my reverse retro jersey on that my son bought me. 

I wish I had some idea of what to expect... but at this point I'm just happy that hockey is back!

I jumped back into Fubo as well.  Pleasantly surprised they have the ESPN channel family.  Last time I had it ESPN was not on Fubo.   Now I can get all my sports in one place.   Been a long time coming and no I won’t go back to Spectrum or Direct TV.  Those thief’s are not getting another dime from me.   

1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

310 days to be exact. When do final "lineups" get published. It's been so long I don't remember.

Sabres 5 Caps 3.

Morning skate will give us the lineups, they typically happen around 10 or 11. Unsure if there are changes to that this year with covid stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

Living in Capital Country (hockey isn't nearly as popular here as in Buffalo, even with the recent Stanley Cup win) it's going to be weird being in the same division as the Capitals this season. I tend to follow the caps a bit, though never as closely as the Sabres.

One of my co-workers is a pretty big Caps fan though. Most of rest are just bandwagoners if they are even aware of the Capitals at all. Like "yay we won the Cup".

It also means a lot more games being forced to watch the non-MSG-B coverage. Personally I'm a fan of Joe Beninati, but I can't stand Craig Laughlin, despite the fact that he played hockey at my alma mater. I'm pretty sure I've said that before, but it annoys me everytime I watch the Capitals coverage.

Either way with the Bills being so good right now and the Sabres being so bad the last few years, I'm not as excited for this as I used to be. Normally by this point in the season I'd have been to at least 2 home games too. I'm sure once the NFL season is over, I'll be more excited for the Sabres again.

Hopefully our new additions can finally get us to the post season again. But we got a really tough division this year.

Somethings to watch for tonight:

• The capitals have question marks at Goalie. They lost Holtby in the offseason, brought in Lundqvist and then lost him due some heart issue. So now they are relying on Ilya Samsonov. That may have been the plan anyways, with Lundqvist serving as a veteran backup, but I don't think so. Samsonov has had some good games behind Holtby but now he's the starter with an even younger/unproven backup in Vitek Vanecek (who has yet to play a NHL game).
  • There will be a familiar face on the Capitals backline tonight as Zdeno Chara signed a 1 year contract.

Let's go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Honestly I haven't been paying attention to the Sabres at all...Quinn made the roster, and not the taxi squad? Is he playing? What does that do for this ELC?

He can only play 6 games I believe. They aren't going to trigger his ELC this year when they can let it slide 1 more year. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

One of my co-workers is a pretty big Caps fan though.

A high school friend of mine lives in DC, has a Russian wife and named their twins Alex and Nicklas.  Apparently they've appeared on local news when the Caps won the Cup when they took the twins to a game, still infants at the time, in teeny Ovechkin and Bäckström jerseys.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.