NHL 21 Season simulated

mjd1001

full article here:  https://www.operationsports.com/the-operation-sports-nhl-21-simulation-predicts-the-stanley-cup-winner-will-be/

Last year, the official EA Sports NHL 20 season simulation predicted that the Boston Bruins would hoist the Stanley Cup. The Boston Bruins had enjoyed a great deal of team success leading up to that prediction, so it was clear to many inside the NHL world, and even the casual hockey fan, that the the Bruins had strong Stanley Cup odds. In other words, it was not too outlandish to see the EA Sports 2020 simulation.

Despite a strong but pandemic-shortened regular season, the NHL restart bubble did not end up being kind to the Boston Bruins. The Bruins struggled immediately in the restart bubble and were eventually eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs by the eventual Stanley Cup winners, the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Now, this brings us to our preseason simulation for the 2021 season. These predictions always tend to be a bit wacky, but nonetheless I thought it would be fun to take a look and see what plays out here. That being said, this year the NHL season will only consist of 56 games. However, in NHL 21, you can’t choose anything but the traditional 82 games.

This simulation was conducted on 1/10/21 and a few things of note:

• All games were simulated and the difficulty settings were all set on the highest level.
  • The new 2021 NHL division format was used here with an all-Canadian division.
  • A simulated schedule was used as I moved teams into their new 2021 divisions.

The newly formed duo of Jack Eichel and Taylor Hall carried the Sabres to the franchise’s first ever Stanley Cup victory. Both Eichel and Hall recorded 25 points in 25 playoff games. The Conn Smythe Trophy, awarded to the most valuable player in the playoffs, went to Buffalo’s Jack Eichel.

Edited by mjd1001
added
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

full article here:  https://www.operationsports.com/the-operation-sports-nhl-21-simulation-predicts-the-stanley-cup-winner-will-be/

Last year, the official EA Sports NHL 20 season simulation predicted that the Boston Bruins would hoist the Stanley Cup. The Boston Bruins had enjoyed a great deal of team success leading up to that prediction, so it was clear to many inside the NHL world, and even the casual hockey fan, that the the Bruins had strong Stanley Cup odds. In other words, it was not too outlandish to see the EA Sports 2020 simulation.

Despite a strong but pandemic-shortened regular season, the NHL restart bubble did not end up being kind to the Boston Bruins. The Bruins struggled immediately in the restart bubble and were eventually eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs by the eventual Stanley Cup winners, the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Now, this brings us to our preseason simulation for the 2021 season. These predictions always tend to be a bit wacky, but nonetheless I thought it would be fun to take a look and see what plays out here. That being said, this year the NHL season will only consist of 56 games. However, in NHL 21, you can’t choose anything but the traditional 82 games.

This simulation was conducted on 1/10/21 and a few things of note:

• All games were simulated and the difficulty settings were all set on the highest level.
  • The new 2021 NHL division format was used here with an all-Canadian division.
  • A simulated schedule was used as I moved teams into their new 2021 divisions.

The newly formed duo of Jack Eichel and Taylor Hall carried the Sabres to the franchise’s first ever Stanley Cup victory. Both Eichel and Hall recorded 25 points in 25 playoff games. The Conn Smythe Trophy, awarded to the most valuable player in the playoffs, went to Buffalo’s Jack Eichel.

So, you're saying my and Thorny's concerns about Hutton & GA's concerns about Sheahan & Lazar are vastly overblown?  😉

Cool.  🍺

my vegas bets are in. i put the sabres over the jets in 7 games. 100k...i hope it plays out, my house depends on it.

its a 1.8 gazillion trillion to 1, so if i win, i will pass jeff bezos as the richest man...

Stretching At Home GIF

if i lose, i will have to move in with my mother in law

run no GIF

Edited by miles

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.