Paul Hamilton back on WGR for Sabres Coverage

Brawndo

Just now, Taro T said:

Hamilton picks his storyline & stays with it, regardless of how the terrain might change.

Was watching a presser with my wife in the room and she pipes up "what's up with that guy? Is he asking a question or telling a story?"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Hamilton picks his storyline & stays with it, regardless of how the terrain might change.

I agree that there was a repetitive nature to his commentary. But the truth is there was a repetitive nature to the team's play that brought on that same and tiresome commentary. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I just don’t think Paul is very insightful.  He carries biases for years and never really tells us anything.  It’s all conjecture.  Does he ever say anything of value?

Nope

A few times that Joe Yerdon, who was let go from the Athletic during their purge, was on WGR discussing the Sabres His Commentary was light years ahead of Hamilton 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Was watching a presser with my wife in the room and she pipes up "what's up with that guy? Is he asking a question or telling a story?"

I like his segments on WGR.

He should never be allowed in a post game locker room ever again, though. Those “questions” are torturous.

18 minutes ago, SwampD said:

He should never be allowed in a post game locker room ever again, though. Those “questions” are torturous.

This!!!  He asks a question and answers it all in one sentence, and then expects the player to just agree.  

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

20 minutes ago, SwampD said:

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

This!!!  He asks a question and answers it all in one sentence, and then expects the player to just agree.  

Doesn’t Ullmark call him out for this?  I feel like I’ve heard him do it once or twice.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I just don’t think Paul is very insightful.  He carries biases for years and never really tells us anything.  It’s all conjecture.  Does he ever say anything of value?

Who else does. I agree to a great extent with what you say but we're talking about WGR right?

1 hour ago, Radar said:

Who else does. I agree to a great extent with what you say but we're talking about WGR right?

The only place for good content on the Sabres is here and Twitter.  There are some sites that do a good job but I usually get to those through Twitter sooo...

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, inkman said:

I remember him discussing Staal as being highly preferred to Strome before others we’re really considering Staal as a realistic option to come here. 

Just now, JoeSchmoe said:

I like Paul Hamilton too. 

I think in some circles it's just that the cool kids don't like him so everyone follows that lead.

There are things he does fairly well such as filling in to do pbp.  

There are things he doesn't do well, such as post game interviews.

He's usually good at bringing straight reporting of stuff that happens at practice / elsewhere, but his interpretation of those events usually must be viewed in the context of the agenda he's been pushing.

21 minutes ago, Taro T said:

There are things he does fairly well such as filling in to do pbp.  

There are things he doesn't do well, such as post game interviews.

He's usually good at bringing straight reporting of stuff that happens at practice / elsewhere, but his interpretation of those events usually must be viewed in the context of the agenda he's been pushing.

The only agenda I’ve ever recognized is the criticism of a team that wasn’t trying in earnest to win.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

The only agenda I’ve ever recognized is the criticism of a team that wasn’t trying in earnest to win.

There's others.  His perpetual use of backhanded compliments for Reinhart going back to the O'Reilly years being the one that immediately springs to mind.

Edited by Taro T

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.