Mike Milbury no longer with NBC Sports

Brawndo

About 14 years too late.  How this pea brain was allowed to represent the game of hockey for a network for 1/3 of my life is beyond me.  He’s the picture of out dated, tired, extremely biased announcing.  

The only thing I’m certain of is that whomever his replacement is, will only be marginally better than this jackwad. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Bad news, Mike Babcock is coming aboard.  I'd rather listen to fingernails on chalkboard for a few minutes at a time, but I suppose he needs to rehab his image somehow...

Surprising that they gave him a job.

1) His recent PR issues

2) Why not put someone on tv who people actually like?

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Surprising that they gave him a job.

1) His recent PR issues

2) Why not put someone on tv who people actually like?

Seriously.  Marginally better.  These idiots (whomever is doing the hiring) don’t understand the fundamental issues with hiring the old guard.  Hire someone that understands analytics.  Hire someone that isn’t some 100 year old biased old time hockey dinosaur.  This isn’t hard.  

We thought Milbury’s anti Buffalo bias was palpable, wait until I used Buffalo to get a bigger paycheck Babcock gets a media platform.  I’m looking forward to how laughable it’s going to be.  You know he can’t wait to take shots.  

4 hours ago, inkman said:

About 14 years too late.  How this pea brain was allowed to represent the game of hockey for a network for 1/3 of my life is beyond me.  He’s the picture of out dated, tired, extremely biased announcing.  

The only thing I’m certain of is that whomever his replacement is, will only be marginally better than this jackwad. 

There is the issue of his 'politically in-correct' statements...but for me, that wasn't the reason I hated watching him....he seemed to both be such a big time jerk, AND he talked about hockey as if it was still being played in 1985.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, inkman said:

He is outspoken and says somewhat controversial things routinely.  That's why he kept his job so long.  Lots of folks like him, lots of folks like to hate him.  Good for ratings.  

I agree he is an idiot and brought nothing to the telecasts, but I don't really watch that talking head stuff anyway in any sport.  It's all a waste of time and designed purely as an opportunity to extend the game and sell more ads.

I'm just glad Doc Emrick is gone!  Hated that guy for many years back to when he was Devils' play by play guy.

My fear is he will be replaced with Kenny Albert, who I also can't stand!

Would love to see them convince Gary Thorne to leave the Orioles and return to hockey! 

That guy has been sorely missed for a very long time now.

8 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

My fear is he will be replaced with Kenny Albert, who I also can't stand!

Oh ya I can't stand the way he talks with that ultra fake announcer thing. I usually watch with no sound when he does a broadcast. 

I didn't hate Milbury. Same I don't hate Burke and didn't hate Cherry. I kind of enjoy the old school justifiers for stuff up against the newer guys. It could get funny at times. I forgot though, what did Milbury do, hit someone with a shoe? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.