Sabres Helmet Ads for the Season Roswell Park and Key Bank

Brawndo

I don't know the particulars as to this deal, but Lebrun was talking about the helmet ads on Vancouver radio yesterday.

He said a number of teams aren't making new money off the helmet ads, they are using them as a way to thank sponsors for staying loyal.

Basically, "we haven't been doing as good a job rewarding you with exposure since COVID and here is one way we can make it up to you."

Given that it's Keybank and Roswell Park, I'd suggest that is probably what's going on here.

24 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don't know the particulars as to this deal, but Lebrun was talking about the helmet ads on Vancouver radio yesterday.

He said a number of teams aren't making new money off the helmet ads, they are using them as a way to thank sponsors for staying loyal.

Basically, "we haven't been doing as good a job rewarding you with exposure since COVID and here is one way we can make it up to you."

Given that it's Keybank and Roswell Park, I'd suggest that is probably what's going on here.

Yep.

It's a way to help their "gold ring sponsors" get their money's worth out of that designation.  Wouldn't be surprised if Labatts gets some extra love throughout the broadcasts as well.

Won't be surprised if the decals stick around even after fans are let back in the barns.  Nascar, here we come.  

8 hours ago, Taro T said:

Yep.

It's a way to help their "gold ring sponsors" get their money's worth out of that designation.  Wouldn't be surprised if Labatts gets some extra love throughout the broadcasts as well.

Won't be surprised if the decals stick around even after fans are let back in the barns.  Nascar, here we come.  

Players slamming some Blues after the game. 🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

Yes. It's likely not new money coming in.

On 1/9/2021 at 12:59 PM, Taro T said:

Yep.

The rage.

I look at it this way:  When advertising came to the rinks on the boards I was upset about it.  After a season or two it was, *yawn*, normal.  The same will happen with ads on the helmets and jerseys.

I can see where the jerseys are a bigger deal because fans don't want to wear a jersey filled with ads but even that will seem normal after a few years.  Look at the Euro soccer jerseys.... the sponsors are part of the deal.  Eh.

It blows my mind that a cancer research organization has to rely on advertising to ensure continued funding, instead of using those advertising dollars to do more research or treating patients.  And now I have to join the masses and ignore this truth to fully enjoy the 2021 version of the Sabres.

Well played economic overlords.  Well played...

1 hour ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

It blows my mind that a cancer research organization has to rely on advertising to ensure continued funding, instead of using those advertising dollars to do more research or treating patients.  And now I have to join the masses and ignore this truth to fully enjoy the 2021 version of the Sabres.

Well played economic overlords.  Well played...

Maybe they got it for free ? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.