Blue and Gold Scrimmage 1/9/21 7pm Streaming

Brawndo

I’m excited as the rest of you, but is there really anything definitively, without question, gleaned from scrimmages where most players aren’t playing anywhere near 100% effort against team mates who aren’t playing anywhere near 100% effort? 😂

I just view scrimmages as pure friendly competition. Nothing more.

I mean yea, the “bubble” players and rookies are probably putting in 100%. But not too many beyond that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Zamboni said:

I’m excited as the rest of you, but is there really anything definitively, without question, gleaned from scrimmages where most players aren’t playing anywhere near 100% effort against team mates who aren’t playing anywhere near 100% effort? 😂

I mean yea, the “bubble” players and rookies are probably putting in 100%. But not too many beyond that.

This year I think it means more.  No preseason leaves scrimmage play the best chance to see how lines work together.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I'm looking for any signs of chemistry, and D pairings, how the power play might align, things like that. Seeing how aggressive the guys who are on the bubble are. But the outcome and such, no, nothing to be worried about or learned.

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'm looking for any signs of chemistry, and D pairings, how the power play might align, things like that. Seeing how aggressive the guys who are on the bubble are. But the outcome and such, no, nothing to be worried about or learned.

Pretty sure the only position to be finalized on the D is determining if Miller holds that 3LD spot.  He's looked comfortable w/ Jokiharju in this 1st stanza.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

This Hall guy ain’t bad.

Watching tape to tape boards to boards passing from him and Eichel is fun.

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Quinn has shown more offence in this game than he did in the World Juniors.

Yep.  Didn't expect he'd look like he belongs here after his WJC (not saying he was bad, but an 18 yo that was playing a defensively responsible game w/ very little O against 19 yo's didn't scream out that he'd be OK against pros IMHO) but he has been alright. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.