Goal Song

inkman

Goal Song  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What flavor do you want to the Sabres to kick in ya ear?

• A song named goo - anything Goo Goo Dolls related minus that garbage “Better Days” me likey “Long Way Down”
    • Somewhat ironically, I’d love AC/DC “Long Way to the Top”
    • Lil Wayne - “Right Above It” aka the Ballers theme
    • Foo Fighters - pick anything but I’ll go with “All my Life”
    • That song about 1000 men’s dongs or swords or whatever, not my cup of tea but I know some of y’all like it
    • Beach Boys - Good Vibrations (why not)
    • Metallica - “Don’t Tread on Me” maybe a little political if ya want it to be but it’s a killer jam also open to “Fuel”
    • Pantera - Cowboys from Hell
    • Rick James - Give it to me baby

Please, for the love of God, bury the hatchet with Let me Clear my Throat.  I actually really like the song when I was a yout (did you says youts).  Ed Lover doing the Ed Lover Dance on Yo MTV Raps was a fond memory of mine.  The Sabres have straight up ruined this song for me, like the only thing I hate more is country and Bon Jovi.   Please pick something different.  I’m begging them.  

I’ll throw in some poll choices for y’all.  Please feel free to make your own suggestions, we can add some to the poll if they get some traction. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

Please, for the love of God, bury the hatchet with Let me Clear my Throat.  I actually really like the song when I was a yout (did you says youts).  Ed Lover doing the Ed Lover Dance on Yo MTV Raps was a fond memory of mine.  The Sabres have straight up ruined this song for me, like the only thing I hate more is country and Bon Jovi.   Please pick something different.  I’m begging them.  

I’ll throw in some poll choices for y’all.  Please feel free to make your own suggestions, we can add some to the poll if they get some traction. 

All my life is about oral sex. I will pass on that for a Sabres goal song. 🙄

Individual goal songs. Like walk-up music in baseball.

Hamilton: "Jack, I noticed you changed your goal song. Is that because of the way the previous song made you feel? And did you think it was to do with your 3 game scoring drought?"

Jack:"I just think that WAP provides the energy that this team neads right now. It really gets us ready to play."

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

So that's a no on Semi-Charmed Life, then?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Hamilton: "Jack, I noticed you changed your goal song. Is that because of the way the previous song made you feel? And did you think it was to do with your 3 game scoring drought?"

Jack:"I just think that WAP provides the energy that this team neads right now. It really gets us ready to play."

Wow. I always liked that song. Catchy. I had no idea what the young fella was saying.

1 minute ago, Weave said:

I’m with ubkev on this.  Individual goal songs.

And a generic goal song when the scorer is not obvious?

I think the issue with some of the suggestions is that you have to search and listen for the implied Sabres message. IMHO the song should be fairly mindless. Just the sound of it should do. Think the Hawks' doo doo doo song. It should be about celebrating something, not hidden messages.

For a seventh inning stretch (10 minutes to go?) I'll endorse @Eleven's Erie Canal dunkey offering.

And what about the "win is imminent" tune?

30 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Yes. 😀

35 minutes ago, SDS said:

I didn’t know this.  And I call myself a fan.  Although, taken out of context, the lyrics still work.  From mr grohl himself:

“ It's a pleasure-giving experience - giving someone something that they'll remember for the rest of their lives, and if you do it right, they will."[7]

19 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Wow. I always liked that song. Catchy. I had no idea what the young fella was saying.

And a generic goal song when the scorer is not obvious?

I’d love individual goal songs but I don’t have the time or motivation to create 30 polls with 10 choices each.  

Just now, inkman said:

I didn’t know this.  And I call myself a fan.  Although, taken out of context, the lyrics still work.  From mr grohl himself:

“ It's a pleasure-giving experience - giving someone something that they'll remember for the rest of their lives, and if you do it right, they will."[7]

FYI, man -> woman. 

"Weight keeping me down"...

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’d love individual goal songs but I don’t have the time or motivation to create 30 polls with 10 choices each.  

Gettin' old? There was a time when handling 30 polls wouldn't have fazed you.

The problem with songs from your favorite genre is just that, it’s your favorite. If my kids were hockey fans they would laugh at all these rock selections. They don’t listen to any of it. And that’s the rub, music is a personal choice. 

Chelsea Dagger was nobody’s favorite song, but it is upbeat and obnoxious and it brings people together.

I voted for this, because I love your description of the song, in the poll options.  😂

PS This should have been named the goal song last time...instead of the travesty they currently are using.

🎶 ...Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men...
🎶

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.