Jack is day to day, upper body injury

I-90 W

Just now, Taro T said:

If it's day to day then it isn't a break.

And upper body soft tissue is almost definitely better than lower body.

He gets hurt every season.  Hopefully this is truly minor and now he's gotten this season's injury out of the way.

It’s not technically the season ... yet 😂

So expect at least one more 😞

Hopefully minor and short 

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

If it's day to day then it isn't a break.

And upper body soft tissue is almost definitely better than lower body.

He gets hurt every season.  Hopefully this is truly minor and now he's gotten this season's injury out of the way.

This. It's frustrating. 

This organizations track record with "day-to-day" slowly migrating to "week-to-week" is troubling, as well. Hoping for the best. 

Edited by Thorny

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It is.  But with the style he plays, really can't see him ever getting a full 82 in.  But 78-80 should almost always be doable (provided there actually ARE 82 available).

He should be asking Reinhart for whatever he drinks. 

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

I'll take the 8-10 games lost and keep the intensity level.

I don't see Eichel as having a particularly high intensity level, honestly. I'm obviously not saying he has a poor motor, far from it. But it's never stood out as one of his utmost strengths to me. 

Reinhart goes to the dirty areas even more so than Eichel does. And he takes bigger hits. Reinhart is just durable. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don't see Eichel as having a particularly high intensity level, honestly. I'm obviously not saying he has a poor motor, far from it. But it's never stood out as one of his utmost strengths to me. 

Reinhart goes to the dirty areas even more so than Eichel does. And he takes bigger hits. Reinhart is just durable. 

Maybe intensity is the wrong word.  I think Jack plays with more abandon than Sam does. Yes, Sam goes into dirty areas, but when Jack is going into areas he's doing it with more speed.  Sam's trip is more stealthy.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

Maybe intensity is the wrong word.  I think Jack plays with more abandon than Sam does. Yes, Sam goes into dirty areas, but when Jack is going into areas he's doing it with more speed.  Sam's trip is more stealthy.

Maybe it has something to do with his odd upright skating style.

Edited by Thorny

36 minutes ago, Weave said:

Yep.  Jack flies into high impact areas in the house with the puck while Sam just kind of gets there to provide more of a support role.  Eichel also throws more checks than Reinhart does as well.

Sam does more work along the boards, but it seems he's more self-contained for lack of a better word.  (And that isn't a knock on Sam.  It's what works for him.)

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Yep.  Jack flies into high impact areas in the house with the puck while Sam just kind of gets there to provide more of a support role.  Eichel also throws more checks than Reinhart does as well.

Sam does more work along the boards, but it seems he's more self-contained for lack of a better word.  (And that isn't a knock on Sam.  It's what works for him.)

Does he? Maybe I need to re-watch more from last season. I don't remember him being a drive the net guy. 

He almost always busts into the zone, and circles back, waiting for additional help/a passing lane. 

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Does he? Maybe I need to re-watch more from last season. I don't remember him being a drive the net guy. 

He almost always busts into the zone, and circles back, waiting for additional help/a passing lane. 

He does typically take it wide looking to set up, but when he sees the opportunity he does drive to the net.  Probably was 2nd on the team behind Skinner in that regard.

And it seems most of the hits Reinhart takes are either glancing or the persuasion in the back sort so the impact isn't fully based on positive velocity decelerating to 0/ negative.  Eichel seems to catch a greater amount of contact when he's heading towards the opponent.  (Least that's how am remembering it.  May have to rewatch a game or 2 from last season to get back into the groove.)

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

He does typically take it wide looking to set up, but when he sees the opportunity he does drive to the net.  Probably was 2nd on the team behind Skinner in that regard.

And it seems most of the hits Reinhart takes are either glancing or the persuasion in the back sort so the impact isn't fully based on positive velocity decelerating to 0/ negative.  Eichel seems to catch a greater amount of contact when he's heading towards the opponent.  (Least that's how am remembering it.  May have to rewatch a game or 2 from last season to get back into the groove.)

You may be right about Jack, but I've seen Reinhart get absolutely plastered, a few times, in a way Jack never has to my memory, including one right in front of me here in Winnipeg courtesy of Big Buff. 

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You may be right about Jack, but I've seen Reinhart get absolutely plastered, a few times, in a way Jack never has to my memory, including one right in front of me here in Winnipeg courtesy of Big Buff. 

Early in his career, Sam got creamed.  That 1st night for Eichel, he was on the line w/ Kane & Jack and by the end of the 1st he'd been bumped off that line because he was flat out getting killed nearly every time he touched the puck.

But the last couple of years, he's been far craftier & a much better skater.  Maybe not as much as memory is bringing back?  (Been almost 10 months since we watched them.  Could it be getting lost in the fog?)

Btw, when was the Byfuglein hit?   

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Early in his career, Sam got creamed.  That 1st night for Eichel, he was on the line w/ Kane & Jack and by the end of the 1st he'd been bumped off that line because he was flat out getting killed nearly every time he touched the puck.

But the last couple of years, he's been far craftier & a much better skater.  Maybe not as much as memory is bringing back?  (Been almost 10 months since we watched them.  Could it be getting lost in the fog?)

Btw, when was the Byfuglein hit?   

Must have been a few years ago now..

39 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Must have been a few years ago now..

And Reinhart did get creamed back in the day.  But seems nowadays though he gets hit on the boards they aren't that brutal.  And he's a master at getting knocked to his knees while maintaining control of the puck before making a nice pass or hopping right back to his skates opening up a passing lane.

Really don't expect to see him miss more than a game or 2 any year as he has good size and knows how to take a hit w/ out taking it.

Edited by Taro T

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And Reinhart did get creamed back in the day.  But seems nowadays though he gets hit on the boards they aren't that brutal.  And he's a master at getting knocked to his knees while maintaining control of the puck before making a nice pass or hopping right back to his skates opening up a passing lane.

True. 

The key question is: is he adjusting his helmet mid play less b/c he's avoiding contact or do we *think* he's getting hit less because he finally bought a helmet that fits? 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

This is also speaking as someone who has plenty of personal experience getting plastered in Winnipeg. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.