Riley Sheahan Signed to One Year 700k Contract

Brawndo

From wikipedia

On April 5, 2012, the Detroit Red Wings signed Sheahan to a three-year, entry-level contract.[4] On April 7, 2012, he made his NHL debut for Detroit against the Chicago Blackhawks.[5] On January 11, 2014, Sheahan scored his first career NHL goal, against Jonathan Quick of the Los Angeles Kings. On July 1, 2014, the Detroit Red Wings signed Sheahan to a two-year, $1.9 million contract extension.[6] On June 16, 2016, the Red Wings signed Sheahan to another two-year contract extension.[7]

On April 9, 2017, Sheahan scored his only two goals of the 2016–17 season during the final game at Joe Louis Arena, including the final goal in the arena's history. Sheahan had set a team record for the most games to start the season without a goal and he also set an NHL record as the only forward with at least 100 shots to start the season without a goal.

On October 29, 2012, Sheahan was stopped by police in Grand Rapids, Michigan, after which a roadside test determined he was driving with a blood-alcohol level of 0.30, nearly four times the legal limit. Sheahan was wearing a purple Teletubby costume and was carrying the ID of fellow Red Wings' prospect Brendan Smith when arrested. He told police he was carrying Smith's ID so he could get into bars, as he was underage at the time.[14]

Sheahan pleaded guilty in Michigan's 61st District Court on December 13, 2012, to operating a car with a blood-alcohol level of 0.17 or higher. He was sentenced to one year probation and ordered to spend 49 hours on a work crew.[14]

Sheahan had previously been arrested on alcohol-related charges when he was charged with public intoxication and consumption of alcohol by a minor in 2010 when he was a freshman at Notre Dame

I remember the Sabres desperately wanting Sheahan in the 2010 draft, then settling for Pysyk when the Wings grabbed him.

I have no idea what his analytics are, but in terms of counting stats, role and play style, he is Johan Larsson. In terms of track record, he would logically slot as our 4C ahead of Lazar.

Supports the idea that they want NHL players on the taxi squad.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I remember the Sabres desperately wanting Sheahan in the 2010 draft, then settling for Pysyk when the Wings grabbed him.

I have no idea what his analytics are, but in terms of counting stats, role and play style, he is Johan Larsson. In terms of track record, he would logically slot as our 4C ahead of Lazar.

Larsson is much better at the role according to fancy stats, but more competition is always a good thing. 

04A452B0-F9A5-4550-A2CB-13ADF500BB0B.thumb.png.79966820643dc61c3c9184cdc20e54f9.png

E7F0922C-8439-452C-ADEC-6326A4889063.png

17AD0722-0303-4AFF-B934-79CF0DA01843.png

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I thought the same thing.  He has Larson stats, usage and play style.  He possession numbers aren’t as good though.

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

On October 29, 2012, Sheahan was stopped by police in Grand Rapids, Michigan, after which a roadside test determined he was driving with a blood-alcohol level of 0.30, nearly four times the legal limit. Sheahan was wearing a purple Teletubby costume

Is this part real?  At .30, most people can't even stand in a purple Teletubby costume.

No, I'm serious--is this Teletubby thing real?

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Is this part real?  At .30, most people can't even stand in a purple Teletubby costume.

It's all news to me, just quoted the wiki article. Unless a friend of his is playing a joke on him and put in on there or something

https://www.mlive.com/griffins/2012/11/red_wings_prospect_riley_sheah.html

Yup, looks true

57 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Letting Larry go, for the contract He signed with Arizona, was a mistake. 

Does any one have any idea what Ralph’s issue with Larry was?

He used him heavily last year, but has made it clear, if indirectly, he didn’t want him back.

47 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yes, it is real.  I remember it clearly.  He was at a pre-Halloween party, hence the costume.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Does any one have any idea what Ralph’s issue with Larry was?

He used him heavily last year, but has made it clear, if indirectly, he didn’t want him back.

Not sure. This is what’s concerning about Ralph and why his coaching will make or break this team. It sounds like there was contact between the two sides until Adams take over, then nothing. 

What’s interesting is that Larsson hated the heavy DZ Usage He got under Housley and yet chose to sign with the team that  He is  in charge of the defense. 

Also in a very limited sample, The Center that Skinner had the Best Analytics with besides Eichel was Larsson. 

Wrong thread I guess, but this morning Ralph took some responsibility for Skinner’s problems last year before going on about the need for defensive commitment. He said he and Skinner have had good talks about what needs to be different this year, but didn’t elaborate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.