Themes Updated... New Dark Mode (Called SS Home)

SDS

8 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Thanks, SDS. I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with for us sensitive folks, but I'll probably just go with the light mode. The reduced brightness is another good option.

As for naming ideas, I take it you're trying to find a new overarching title for the forums. Is KeyBank Center just a placeholder?

I'll start with a possibly bold idea. Do we need forums in addition to The Aud Club? Could NHL Message Boards, Tickets and Gear, and Customer Service be eliminated and those topics be allowed in The Aud Club? They are lightly used, and I bet most posters don't even know they exist.

That eliminates the KeyBank Center level.

I've also always thought our site is a primarily a message board, and that message board is known as SabreSpace. So could sabrespace.com open to the forum page instead of the news links? Then for the desktop version have news links at the top of the sidebar? I wonder how many people come directly to the forum anyway and are unaware of the incredible portal Dallas gives us on a daily basis.

No one calls this place The Aud Club. And Aud Clubs would be a good name for the club forums.

I feel like I'm telling someone who's about to hang up their house numbers that they should move the house 30 feet to the south and take out the third floor.

I like the thought process and challenging all assumptions. I tend to call this place The Aud Club, but not like I used to call the Bills' side "the Stadium Wall". I have "TAC" on my bookmark icon on my phone. I'm not sure what anyone else calls it - if anything.

I don't think I can move to board one level up, without moving everything on the front forum page to below the header. 

KBC was a first stab at correcting TAC being at Center Ice. I get that no one, literally no one cares about any of this, but it is on my mind since I'm in renovation mode.

6 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

3rds if I have a choice. Not having to adjust brightness between sites is nice (what I referred to before but got busy)

too white is stressful, too dark I need to turn up brightness on the pro. Happy medium, light, subdued colors much easier to read

I might just make this the primary.

On the Thirds Theme: changed some green things to red, changed some yellow highlights to a darker yellow (circles, hover over links), changed light blue text color to enhance contrast. 

This is looking really nice. Thanks for the feedback.

• Thanks (+1) 2

@SDS

All I've come up with so far is to replace KeyBank Center with The Pavilion. Or... Perry Street? Main Street? The Plaza? Entry/meeting points.

Could the Clubs be Corridor Clubs?

Speaking of clubs, I know that Clubs are under The Aud Club, but could they also be listed under Forums along with The Aud Club?

Just now, carpandean said:

May I recommend amending the thread title to include the new "SS Thirds" theme.  Otherwise, someone who came into the thread early might not know that there is a third choice.

I’m not sure there’s a reason to not make this the default theme. I’d have to find a group of people who actually prefer the pure white background. 

Unrelated to the color theme topic, but not sure where else to ask this ...

I tried adding a photo from my iPhone to a post. It gave me an error saying the file is too large and can’t add it. I thought I remember adding photos from my phone in the past, and the website software automatically converted it to a smaller file size and posted the photo in the post. Maybe I’m mistaken. If this is the new way, how do I reduce the file size for the post to accept it?

Edit: This file size I attached was accepted.

D62424B2-EDF4-4652-92E6-C26F4692F71C.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Unrelated to the color theme topic, but not sure where else to ask this ...

I tried adding a photo from my iPhone to a post. It gave me an error saying the file is too large and can’t add it. I thought I remember adding photos from my phone in the past, and the website software automatically converted it to a smaller file size and posted the photo in the post. Maybe I’m mistaken. If this is the new way, how do I reduce the file size for the post to accept it?

Edit: This file size I attached was accepted.

D62424B2-EDF4-4652-92E6-C26F4692F71C.jpeg

It did not accept this automatically. You have to choose to resize your photo from your phone on the bottom. Or else people are going to upload files that are way too big.

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

It did not accept this automatically. You have to choose to resize your photo from your phone on the bottom. Or else people are going to upload files that are way too big.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don’t know exactly what you mean by “your photo from your phone on the bottom”.

Im looking for a resize option in the photos app. I don’t see one. Hmmm...

6 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don’t know exactly what you mean by “your photo from your phone on the bottom”.

Im looking for a resize option in the photos app. I don’t see one. Hmmm...

Select "Actual Size" at the bottom. Then select "Actual Size" again in the lower right. Medium usually works.

23 minutes ago, SDS said:

Select "Actual Size" at the bottom. Then select "Actual Size" again in the lower right. Medium usually works.

Thanks for the reply. Yea I don’t see that option in my photos app on my phone.

I’ll do a little digging and try to find out why it’s not there and where I find that option. 

edit: found it, wasn’t looking in the right spot on the right screen. Thanks for the help👍🏼

Edited by Zamboni

I've noticed that I prefer the Dark Mode on my computer but it is almost unreadable on my iPhone, is there a way to instead of changing the mode for a User (me) to changing it per Device (phone or computer) thanks?? Otherwise I do still like the choices and your changes so far. 

3 minutes ago, jsb said:

I've noticed that I prefer the Dark Mode on my computer but it is almost unreadable on my iPhone, is there a way to instead of changing the mode for a User (me) to changing it per Device (phone or computer) thanks?? Otherwise I do still like the choices and your changes so far. 

Unfortunately, there is not. The only thing I have seen on a different website was a floating dark/light mode button. There is a small possibility I could do that here, but it’s not currently implemented.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SDS said:

Unfortunately, there is not. The only thing I have seen on a different website was a floating dark/light mode button. There is a small possibility I could do that here, but it’s not currently implemented.

Thanks, it's not hard to swap per device so it isn't worth the effort on your part, I was just wondering if I was missing something that was available. Have a good day.

• spndnchz featured and unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, steveoath said:

He, so I am on sshome on my phone and this post

Comes in a light brown on the dark blue making it almost impossible to read. Is this peculiar to my device? 

Try refreshing. The text should be white.

A77166ED-069A-4DA7-A072-3E64BA1CEFDD.png

20 minutes ago, steveoath said:

He, so I am on sshome on my phone and this post

Comes in a light brown on the dark blue making it almost impossible to read. Is this peculiar to my device? 

I’m on an iPad and does the same thing.

I just switch to light mode when that happens.

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I clear out my website data daily.

It usually happens when someone (I think) copy/pasted from somewhere else.

Ok. That makes sense. It’s probably a light mode reader copying and pasting the text (along with the formatting), and then a dark mode reader comes along. 

I will look into a fix. If it slips my mind, please continue to remind me.

@SwampD @steveoath please let me know what you were using to read the form when this happens. Please include the model and what orientation you use (landscape or portrait). 

css files are screen resolution dependent and I may have forgotten something below desktop resolution but above phone resolution.