Themes Updated... New Dark Mode (Called SS Home)

SDS

I've done a better job harmonizing the themes with proper color palettes (new Sabres color scheme) and eliminating errors. With that there is a new Dark Theme, that should be as good as the Light theme. You will need to choose the dark one again, since you were probably booted.

You can find the new SS Home Dark Mode at the bottom of the page under Themes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, SDS said:

SS home is dark mode so I’m not really sure what’s going on here.

Huh. I swear Dark and Light switched Home and Away designations since I last looked. I wonder if I switch?...

Nope. All appears to be in order now. Home/Dark; Away/Light, just like jerseys should be. Must have been me misreading it initially. I'll take full responsibility for losing the colors and apologize to Lord @SDS.

• SDS changed the title to Themes Updated... New Dark Mode (Called SS Home)
2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Have a better name for it? Or a better name for any of the sidebar widgets, etc...?

I like the 3 star contributors.  I also like My Clubs.

The upcoming events are mostly upcoming games, right?  So maybe divide that into 2 sections ... one for upcoming Sabre games (called that) and one for non-game events, such as the draft etc.

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

The upcoming events are mostly upcoming games, right?  So maybe divide that into 2 sections ... one for upcoming Sabre games (called that) and one for non-game events, such as the draft etc.

Also, just noticed that there seems to be two events listed for each upcoming event.

Thanks for all your efforts in making this a great site.

I was trying to change my clubs into something that has to do with the 200 level club suites or similar. 

The calendar should have NHL events, sabers schedule, and if I get around to it player birthdays and/or other fun things. 

1 minute ago, SDS said:

I was trying to change my clubs into something that has to do with the 200 level club suites or similar. 

The calendar should have NHL events, sabers schedule, and if I get around to it player birthdays and/or other fun things. 

Sounds great.  Thanks for all that you do around here.  I like the new and fresher look.

Not sure if you saw my next post that was merged with this one, but there looks to be two for each of the upcoming events.

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Sounds great.  Thanks for all that you do around here.  I like the new and fresher look.

Not sure if you saw my next post that was merged with this one, but there looks to be two for each of the upcoming events.

well that's new. 😡

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

How do you switch from light to dark?

I found it.

Seems I may be in the minority here, but I prefer the light mode.

I found it.

Of course, I just could have read you opening post in full the first time.

Yup.  I am an idiot.

16 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I found it.

Of course, I just could have read you opening post in full the first time.

Yup.  I am an idiot.

To be fair, that is an option that should be in the user panel and not in the footer.

• Like (+1) 1

I can't read light text on dark backgrounds for more than a couple of minutes.  When I do, I see lines of "ghost text" floating around very quickly.  I prefer the light.  Of course, that's not the best for the eyes either - too bright.  Actually, the light blue inside the quote boxed would be a good choice for that.

Edited by carpandean
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, carpandean said:

I can't read light text on dark backgrounds for more than a couple of minutes.  When I do, I see lines of "ghost text" floating around very quickly.  I prefer the light.  Of course, that's not the best for the eyes either - too bright.  Actually, the light blue inside the quote boxed would be a good choice for that.

This is sort of a tough nut to crack. Many people have issues with too much contrast, likewise other people have a big issue with too little.

finding that sweet spot on a website with team oriented colors is challenging.