Everything Kevyn Adams has done as Sabres GM

Zamboni

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

I love the way hes building the team but I need playoffs next year please!!

You all have to understand how painful it is to watch shows with my wife during playoff season

Perhaps I am too optimistic, but I think we will be in the playoffs next season.

Just now, Peter said:

Perhaps I am too optimistic, but I think we will be in the playoffs next season.

I don’t think that is unreasonable given how the team has played since the calendar turned to March.  We still need for veteran depth on D and a good goalie.  Hopefully we’ll have those acquisitions to add to this thread.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So what has GM Kevyn been up to lately? 

Went to the NCAA Regional and watched his prized goalie Devon Levi lose.

So you’re judging the GM for making the decision to go to the game?

Then lost a pt a game AHL forward Arttu Routsalainen to a Swiss league team.

This is not a net negative for 2022-23. If he couldn’t crack the lineup this season, he has no long term future with the organization (25 years old as of October, and undersized).  

Then went to the Frozen Four and watched all four prized prospects lose.

What a terrible decision!!!

Then only managed to sign one (Owen Power) of those 5 prospects to a contract (so far).

Another way to look at it is he has signed 50% of the league’s signees so far.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

So you’re judging the GM for making the decision to go to the game?

This is not a net negative for 2022-23. If he couldn’t crack the lineup this season, he has no long term future with the organization (25 years old as of October, and undersized).  

What a terrible decision!!!

Another way to look at it is he has signed 50% of the league’s signees so far.

I think you are taking my post much to seriously.  That said, everything I posted was accruate.

20 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So what has GM Kevyn been up to lately? 

Traded D Hagg for a 6th rd pick a day before the trade deadline.

Went to the NCAA Regional and watched his prized goalie Devon Levi lose.

Then lost a pt a game AHL forward Arttu Routsalainen to a Swiss league team.

Then went to the Frozen Four and watched all four prized prospects lose.

Then only managed to sign one (Owen Power) of those 5 prospects to a contract (so far).

Please tell me this is sarcasm. Because other than the Hagg trade, he had absolutely NO control over anything else on that list. It’s fair to criticize him for things within his control, but it’s dishonest to criticize him for things that aren’t. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Please tell me this is sarcasm. Because other than the Hagg trade, he had absolutely NO control over anything else on that list. It’s fair to criticize him for things within his control, but it’s dishonest to criticize him for things that aren’t. 

Yes, of course. Lol.  I really didn’t think everyone would take my post so seriously.  It was a pretty sad coincidence that KA went to 3 games and all of our prospects lost.  A series of unfortunate events if you will.

I actually agree with Levi’s decision to return.  Guys like Hellebuyck and Ryan Miller returned after similar great seasons.  It takes a strong kid to defer his pro hockey dream for a year.  Everything about Levi indicates he is a very thoughtful and dedicated person.  I trust he did what was best for him and his future and he clearly wanted to continue to lead his young NE team.  

I also have an idea why Portillo and Johnson haven’t signed yet as well.  My guess is they want a break from hockey and want to finish the school year.  I’d guess that Johnson is close to his degree and might complete it this summer and that Portillo might want to go home to Sweden this summer to be with his family and then join the Amerks in the fall.  

Huglen was never signing.  He is two years behind in his development because of his back injury.  He blossomed in the last 1/4 of the season with nearly a pt a game and was elevated to Minn’s top line.  He’ll be one of their top forwards next season.  Hopefully he’ll build on this season and move up our prospect list.  I have him 17th on the list right now.

As to R2, I’ve stated elsewhere that I’m disappointed R2 is leaving. However he is likely looking at we are.  He sees an NHL roster bursting with young talent.  When the season opened R2 had an NHL slot, but 6 months later the development of Quinn and JJP coupled with the acquisitions of Krebs and Tuch basically eliminated his opportunity with the Sabres.   However even with all this talent, R2 would be one injury from being back on the roster.  Still, he is going to make significantly more money in Switzerland then the AHL and we can’t begrudge someone for doing what they feel what’s best for their future.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Yes, of course. Lol.  I really didn’t think everyone would take my post so seriously.  It was a pretty sad coincidence that KA went to 3 games and all of our prospects lost.  A series of unfortunate events if you will.

I actually agree with Levi’s decision to return.  Guys like Hellebuyck and Ryan Miller returned after similar great seasons.  It takes a strong kid to defer his pro hockey dream for a year.  Everything about Levi indicates he is a very thoughtful and dedicated person.  I trust he did what was best for him and his future and he clearly wanted to continue to lead his young NE team.  

I also have an idea why Portillo and Johnson haven’t signed yet as well.  My guess is they want a break from hockey and want to finish the school year.  I’d guess that Johnson is close to his degree and might complete it this summer and that Portillo might want to go home to Sweden this summer to be with his family and then join the Amerks in the fall.  

Huglen was never signing.  He is two years behind in his development because of his back injury.  He blossomed in the last 1/4 of the season with nearly a pt a game and was elevated to Minn’s top line.  He’ll be one of their top forwards next season.  Hopefully he’ll build on this season and move up our prospect list.  I have him 17th on the list right now.

As to R2, I’ve stated elsewhere that I’m disappointed R2 is leaving. However he is likely looking at we are.  He sees an NHL roster bursting with young talent.  When the season opened R2 had an NHL slot, but 6 months later the development of Quinn and JJP coupled with the acquisitions of Krebs and Tuch basically eliminated his opportunity with the Sabres.   However even with all this talent, R2 would be one injury from being back on the roster.  Still, he is going to make significantly more money in Switzerland then the AHL and we can’t begrudge someone for doing what they feel what’s best for their future.

Johnson may be realizing that his path to being on a Sabres D pair is a bit crowded. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he goes back to school for his last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, rickshaw said:

He’s building a real nice team. And now he needs to find a bonafide starting goalie. Also need solid defense x2 as well. 

I agree that this D-unit is not playoff caliber yet.  Getting a legit top 4 guy (probably 2 of them) to plug in would help them next year if they really really want to make the playoffs. However, It think you don't need that on this unit. Dahlin is legit #1 guy now and he should be playing 24+ minutes per game next year.  The issue is Power.  I don't think he will be a top 2 caliber guy next year, it might take a few years. But you bring in a legit top 2 or top 4 guy, and that likely takes minutes away from Power.  

Do you want to bring in a couple of really good D-men next year to help you make the playoffs IF the tradeoff is Power gets less ice time because of it?

Edited by mjd1001

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Johnson may be realizing that his path to being on a Sabres D pair is a bit crowded. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he goes back to school for his last year. 

On the left side certainly, but the field in open on the right and Johnson has some experience on his off-side.  I don’t see Bryson, Pysyk or Fitz as a major obstacle to earning a job with the Sabres sooner then later.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

On the left side certainly, but the field in open on the right and Johnson has some experience on his off-side.  I don’t see Bryson, Pysyk or Fitz as a major obstacle to earning a job with the Sabres sooner then later.

If any NHL coach and GM that exists willing to give you a very good chance and help you as much as possible in making that transition it's with the Sabres.

On 4/9/2022 at 2:10 PM, K-9 said:

Revisiting on this a little bit, wonder if seeing Samuelson-Dahlin as a pairing gives Johnson a bit more motivation to sign here. It would free up that 3rd pair Ld spot if the pairing sticks next year.

7 hours ago, woods-racer said:

He's done nothing. Absolutely nothing. Other than trade our best defenseman and our best two forwards and not sign our best goalie. FIRE THE BUM!

My brain has so thoroughly moved on from Eich/Reino/Risto I seriously struggled to figure out who in the heck you were talking about.

• Like (+1) 1