Happy Holidays from the Buffalo Sabres

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I like to think he will somehow earn every penny of his salary this year. 

No, that ship has sailed. Will he be good? Sure. He’s a vet. He’s savvy. He’s relatively solid. 
Will he be 6 mil. cap hit good? I think he won’t. Hence ... overpaid. Of course I know it’s mainly due to his injury history. Mainly, not totally.  It doesn’t mean I don’t like him. I do. 

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

No, that ship has sailed. Will he be good? Sure. He’s a vet. He’s savvy. He’s relatively solid. 
Will he be 6 mil. cap hit good? I think he won’t. Hence ... overpaid. Of course I know it’s mainly due to his injury history. Mainly, not totally.  It doesn’t mean I don’t like him. I do. 

If he scores 30 goals from the shut-down line, would that be worth 6 mil?

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If he scores 30 goals from the shut-down line, would that be worth 6 mil?

Yes! But if you think it’s possible, that’s on you. I personally think he’ll never eclipse 20ish goals/20ish assists ever again. Unless he’s stapled to Eichel every single game hell or high water. And you and I both know that’ll never happen.

Edited by Zamboni

I also think there are things he may do that don't reflect in the score sheet.  For instance, it's been said that Darryl Talley contributed a lot to Cornelius Bennett's greatness by teaching him the ropes.  Now Talley was one of the Bills' top defensive players during the Super Bowl years, but his more significant contribution may be making Biscuit into a superstar.  Everyone looks up to Okie in the locker room or so it's been said.  Maybe his presence in the room will help this team in ways that won't be so publicly known.

On 12/27/2020 at 1:32 AM, Doohickie said:

I also think there are things he may do that don't reflect in the score sheet.  For instance, it's been said that Darryl Talley contributed a lot to Cornelius Bennett's greatness by teaching him the ropes.  Now Talley was one of the Bills' top defensive players during the Super Bowl years, but his more significant contribution may be making Biscuit into a superstar.  Everyone looks up to Okie in the locker room or so it's been said.  Maybe his presence in the room will help this team in ways that won't be so publicly known.

Regardless of how much leadership he provides, he DOES NOT, CAN NOT, & WILL NOT provide $4MM+ worth of it.  That's being generous stating that his on-ice contributions are worth $2MM/ yr.

Regardless of how nice he is, how well he mentors young players, & what leadership he provides, he is and will be until the contract has run its course overpaid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.