GDT: World Junior Championships

dudacek

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I thought Johnson had a great game.  The coaches must have thought so also because they had him on the ice at the end of the game.  

I'd say his best game so far. Like Quinn, he seems to have improved as the tournament has gone on. I think Johnson will need a few years in the AHL but he could become a Sabre. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I thought Johnson had a great game.  The coaches must have thought so also because they had him on the ice at the end of the game.  

Agree.  He played a lot of 3rd period minutes.  He seems to play a smart game, keeps his head up and makes nice smooth breakout passes.  Definitely skates and moves the puck well, and he has showed some offensive skill too. 

15 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Yeah. In a game where so many US players seemed to try and force the low probability passes and plays Johnson made solid choices. He had the one stumble at the blue line early on but things happen.  I was impressed by his composure and control.  Also liked Berard.. but the rest of the team seemed to be overconfident and almost didn't know what to do when Slovakia finally stopped playing afraid of the US speed and pushed back.

They can't do that next round.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.