GDT: World Junior Championships

dudacek

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

JJ Peterka with an assist in Germany’s 5-3 loss to Finland.

I didn’t watch much of it so no report on his play. The little I watched, Finns had the puck 90% of the time.

One of Germany's better players, but that doesn't say much. Germany hung in there but was no match for Finland. 

Johnson didn't impress me at all in the U.S. loss which really came down to a huge goaltending disparity. Nashville's probably quite happy after that game and Florida's probably a little concerned. 

Quinn as 13th forward as mentioned earlier so his coach wasn't impressed with him I guess and Cozens did lose a lot of draws so maybe that's why he's on the wing. Might be good anyway as that is where we will probably use him.

• Like (+1) 1

Team USA/ Russia game was rough. Our first two PP were abysmal and the team struggled with zone entries throughout the game. Looked like a different team though in the third period (in a good way).

Spencer Knight had a bad game. Better beat Austria tomorrow. 

Edited by I-90 W

Knight wasn’t good, but the US defence coughed up the puck and just plain got beat too much, and their big guns - Sanderson and York - weren’t exempt from that. Johnson was better in those areas than most, but didn’t have much of an impact on the game.

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So Dach gets injured so Cozens gets demoted and shifted out of position, and Quinn is out entirely? Ok? lol

I’ve seen a few different scenarios out there, so I am going to wait until game time.

But staying with the same lineup for a full week of practice then throwing the entire roster into a blender after a win over the 2nd seeded team seems odd, to say the least.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Quinn taking an absolute beating on Twitter for the perceived demotion. Hope he plays. Apparently they may dress 13 F?

The rosters are larger than 20. Not sure if it’s 21 or 22.

Twitter can ***** off. Quinn did nothing against the Russians to deserve a benching.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The rosters are larger than 20. Not sure if it’s 21 or 22.

Twitter can ***** off. Quinn did nothing against the Russians to deserve a benching.

I'm actually a slight bit more peeved about Cozens. To me he's a C even amongst a team with a lot of centres, I hope the Sabres don't have as quick a trigger in moving him to wing. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'm actually a slight bit more peeved about Cozens.

Me too.

Again, he plays centre the entire run-up and gets shifted at the last minute? Even with the bad decisions he made with the puck against the Russians, I want my coach to have more faith in his choices.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Me too.

Again, he plays centre the entire run-up and gets shifted at the last minute? Even with the bad decisions he made with the puck against the Russians, I want my coach to have more faith in his choices.

Looking at it from the other side:  the other C’s have been at C the whole run up as well, and maybe the coach has faith that Cozens can shift to wing and be a difference maker there, while maybe he doesn’t feel that about some of the other C’s.

Its all kind of unknown until they line up for a game.  Then we’ll see what the coach actually does.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.