NHL Schedule Released. Sabres Start January 14th

Brawndo

25 minutes ago, Ducky said:

The Jets play TO (and the Sens) 10 times this year!

Really looking forward to those games against TO.

Just remember to use that Southern Ontario "bl/bla" phoneme for the more common "g/ga" phoneme when you call out that favorite Loaf rallying cry of "go leafs go." 😉

13 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Anyone else notice 8 of the last 10 on the road?  With the inflexibility of Governor Cuomo, the Sabres could have their home ice advantage diluted because they will face fans on the road more often than have us behind them at home.

Half of those games are against other NY teams, I don't think your Cuomo jab rings as true as you might want.  Boston is likely to be equally shutdown as NY.  That ;eaves Pittsburgh.  Nothing to see here in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Anyone else notice 8 of the last 10 on the road?  With the inflexibility of Governor Cuomo, the Sabres could have their home ice advantage diluted because they will face fans on the road more often than have us behind them at home.

Nothing like politics in a thread that has nothing to do it. 

15 hours ago, SwampD said:

I think there is no way we don’t make the playoffs.

Our problem was scoring last year. Period.

Thats been fixed.

Man, this is going to be fun.

And I do see more fighting do to familiarity.

Not if the goaltending situation isn't fixed right. If Hutton's eyes are good to go we are set. If not...

48 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Not if the goaltending situation isn't fixed right. If Hutton's eyes are good to go we are set. If not...

Even if his eyes are good now, what happens if the issue creeps back up during the season?   Sorry, he's a great dude, but based on the fact they kept trotting him out there last year with googly eyes, I have zero trust he'll be able to stop a beachball when it matters most.   

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Huttons vision issues are simply a pathetic attempt to explain terrible goaltending. He is a major liability in net and will likely cost us a playoff spot. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Even if his eyes are good now, what happens if the issue creeps back up during the season?   Sorry, he's a great dude, but based on the fact they kept trotting him out there last year with googly eyes, I have zero trust he'll be able to stop a beachball when it matters most.   

I’m with ya. We had better sign or trade for another decent goaltender or we are sunk. Hutton might be good again, but counting on that happening is insane. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/23/2020 at 6:39 PM, Taro T said:

Wonder what the scheduling conflicts in MSG, Filly, & Newark were to have those 6 games not be doubles like the other 50 are.

And how 'bout 3 in a row vs the Devils in early April.  Could make or break the season sweeping all 6 or leaving points on the table against what on paper is the weakest team in the division.  (Realize they play everybody the same # of times, but getting a nice little 3 W's in a row, hopefully part of a much longer confidence inducing string would be nice.)

The scheduling conflicts in those 3 buildings are with their NBA teams as that schedule was set weeks ago. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 12/23/2020 at 8:39 PM, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

17 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Nothing like politics in a thread that has nothing to do it. 

On top of it, it's blatantly incorrect.  The state officials are trying to arrange some level of attendance at the Bills' first playoff game while the county officials are fighting that.

No politics were mentioned in this comment.

·Reneud Lavoie:

18h

It’s a go ! The NHL received officially the green light from the Federal government and the 5 provinces (with NHL teams on their territories) to start the season January 13.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

An Ideal Sports Weekend:

Sat, Feb 6th: Sabres smoke Boston.

Sun, Feb 7th: Bills Win the Superbowl.

Mon, Feb 8th: Sabres smoke Boston (still technically the weekend because there's no way I'm not taking that monday off).

Edited by Mustache of God
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.