Buffalo Sabres Training Camp (2020/21)

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, inkman said:

What do the different color jerseys indicate?

Indicates which lines they'll be skating with & against in drills.  2 lines wear gold, 2 wear blue.  The spares typically get the color of the line they'll rotate through.  It seems like the D are splitting into blue & gold as well, but have only watched 1 or 2 clips so not 100% on that.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Wondering if Mittelstadt is really skating @ LW or is actually at C there.  Would be the 1st time since his short stint after Minny's season ended that he hasn't been listed at C.  Recall Krueger mentioned something about giving him a look at LW back during the 7 month long summer.

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Streaming the scrimmage is nice.  

Not the same as getting to watch 'em run through the drills.  Last year was the 1st time in about 20 years that I didn't go to TC for a day.  Was a rite of September.

Sure and the season ended in a Global Pandemic for the Sabres, I’m blaming Taro from now on 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Brawndo said:

Sure and the season ended in a Global Pandemic for the Sabres, I’m blaming Taro from now on 

Sabres were saying the practices weren't open to the public.  Wasn't going to drive 80 minutes on the hope they weren't actually serious about that.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Streaming the scrimmage is nice.  

Not the same as getting to watch 'em run through the drills.  Last year was the 1st time in about 20 years that I didn't go to TC for a day.  Was a rite of September.

Me too. As disappointing the last decade was, I’d always go down for rookie camp, training camp, and in more recent years, the prospect challenge. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Sabres were saying the practices weren't open to the public.  Wasn't going to drive 80 minutes on the hope they weren't actually serious about that.  

Your one of My Favorite Posters and the go to person on all things CBA. 

Peterka will not be attending TC 

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Me too. As disappointing the last decade was, I’d always go down for rookie camp, training camp, and in more recent years, the prospect challenge. 

Thought about heading into town for rookie camp a couple of times, but knew that the 3 on 3 scrimmage would be available on line & that the top guys would be at TC, so couldn't justify the drive.

Would usually get the prospect challenge tix for one of the other posters here and then watch on TV.

The whole thing was a lot of fun.  Back when living outside WNY would annually take a week of vaca in September to catch a Bills game & 1 or 2 days of TC.  TC was really a casual experience back at Sabreland.  Could go and chat up the players between sessions & even Muckler once or twice.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.