Streaming of games

bills_fan_in_raleigh

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I hope it's included in my current ESPN+ package, which also includes all UB football and basketball. A bargain at $5/mo.

It does not say or even imply there is an additional fee in any of the articles or literature I've seen.  Sounds too good to be true, but then again ESPN+ is a much wider interest premium network with a much wider audience.  Because it's not just hockey, they're probably hoping it is a marginal draw to increase their overall subscription base.  They don't need to make all their money back on that one draw.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

It does not say or even imply there is an additional fee in any of the articles or literature I've seen.  Sounds too good to be true, but then again ESPN+ is a much wider interest premium network with a much wider audience.  Because it's not just hockey, they're probably hoping it is a marginal draw to increase their overall subscription base.  They don't need to make all their money back on that one draw.

I know the last time I tried out the NHL streaming package, you could watch in-market games, just not like (like a day or two after). 

Anyone know if that will still be an option on the ESPN version of the NHL package?

4 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Anyone know if that will still be an option on the ESPN version of the NHL package?

It's a brave new world.  We'll have to figure it out as it comes.

That might be how they get you:  The games come live with ESPN+ but if you want to watch repeats they charge a premium.  (Just guessing.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.