Streaming of games

bills_fan_in_raleigh

22 minutes ago, 3putt said:

Chicago is too close to Canada? I think there is something else going on. I removed the app reinstalled it, logged in and now It says there are no feeds for any games including tonight.  

And what the hell is ESPN + and why would that blackout agame

I had an issue with NHL.TV last night as well. It wouldn’t let me watch any game and said I didn’t have an active account.

Turns out that even though I got my email last week about the automatic renewal, it never happened. I had to do it manually. I had no issues after that.

22 minutes ago, 3putt said:

Chicago is too close to Canada? I think there is something else going on. I removed the app reinstalled it, logged in and now It says there are no feeds for any games including tonight.  

And what the hell is ESPN + and why would that blackout agame

I had an issue with NHL.TV last night as well. It wouldn’t let me watch any game and said I didn’t have an active account.

Turns out that even though I got my email last week about the automatic renewal, it never happened. I had to do it manually. I had no issues after that.

My renewal autobilled.  So I do not think that is what went wrong. I called in exactly at 12 today to get support. Waited for 5 minutes and a woman picked I explained my situation and she said oh and hung up. I have now been on hold for 46 minutes. Add that to the 1 hour and 10 last night and not feeling warm and fuzzy about nhl.tv and on top of that what is this espn+ crap. Either you advertise every out of market game or you don’t.  I don’t want to have to buy a streaming service on top of the service I bought already. Utterly pissed.

Edited by 3putt

15 minutes ago, 3putt said:

My renewal autobilled.  So I do not think that is what went wrong. I called in exactly at 12 today to get support. Waited for 5 minutes and a woman picked I explained my situation and she said oh and hung up. I have now been on hold for 46 minutes. Add that to the 1 hour and 10 last night and not feeling warm and fuzzy about nhl.tv and on top of that what is this espn+ crap. Either you advertise every out of market game or you don’t.  I don’t want to have to buy a streaming service on top of the service I bought already. Utterly pissed.

If you have an account, blast them on Twitter and make sure you tag the appropriate accounts, maybe?  I've found that to be the quickest way to get a response out of any customer service types, generally.  I don't have experience blasting the NHL or NHL.TV though.  

21 minutes ago, 3putt said:

Again, you will get the game on NHL.TV tonight.

To make thing more clear, we should be saying "the game will be on MSG, NBCSWA, and also available on ESPN+."

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Again, you will get the game on NHL.TV tonight.

To make thing more clear, we should be saying "the game will be on MSG, NBCSWA, and also available on ESPN+."

I remember last year games would have the feeds that were available early in the day in case you wanted to set a recording which I can do. Now no games list any feeds available. Is that what others are seeing as well?

10 minutes ago, 3putt said:

I remember last year games would have the feeds that were available early in the day in case you wanted to set a recording which I can do. Now no games list any feeds available. Is that what others are seeing as well?

On my phone I see this.

8059BC9A-CB4B-4208-AA3B-B9F606AC95AF.thumb.png.b0359aa4d5f6137f9957a3508448eb55.png

and can’t click on anything. That’s normal though until about an hour before the game.

On my desktop, I see he home and away buttons.

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

If you have an account, blast them on Twitter and make sure you tag the appropriate accounts, maybe?  I've found that to be the quickest way to get a response out of any customer service types, generally.  I don't have experience blasting the NHL or NHL.TV though.  

I only have a work related account that is monitored. I don’t think I want to go that route.

If anyone lives outside of NY and has relatives/friends with Spectrum cable and willing to lend their log in info to you, then you can stream the Sabres games on the spectrum app. I’m in the Midwest and watching the Sabres thru the spectrum app. I wasn’t sure if the app would show Sabres games live but it is for me tonight. 

Put this in the gameday thread. Prolly belongs here. Watched the Washington game on nhl.tv and it was shite. Looped the entire game every 10 seconds or so. Sometimes went blurry. If thats what I can look forward to I’ve been jobbed of my money. The people who run nhl.tv should be embarrassed. Chromecast from my phone to the tv. The game on the phone ended a full 5 minutes before the game on my tv did. Could it be something I’m doing ? I’m of the opinion that its not. Never had that problem using chromecast ever.

I uninstalled and reinstalled NHL apps on phone and roku before trying this year. It worked flawlessly so far. First year it did so. 

MSG stream no problem (out of market)

Problems I saw were jerky camera men on MSG and these god awful new ad pulls that make me angry every time to screen tears in two directions and I remind myself to never patronize whoever puts their ads there. 

Edited by triumph_communes

Fubo streams the game at 720p and 60fps.  I thought the quality is excellent last night.

That's a 720p stream being sent to a HD output and then upconverted by my 4k TV and it looked great using my Firestick 4k.

• Thanks (+1) 1

• 4 months later...

Bumping this.  I'm looking for a decent option for the rest of the playoffs, and possibly for next season.  I'm on a free trial of fubo.tv right now, but at $70 per month with a billion channels, well, that's just cable by another name as far as I'm concerned.  I don't need any of this other crap; I just want NHL

Does the league offer a solution?  (My initial search really didn't reveal one.)  Is there anything else?

The Fubo trial expires in six days and the FU part will be the important part of the name as far as I'm concerned.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.