Streaming of games

bills_fan_in_raleigh

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I think he’s looking for the “I don’t wanna pay a dime“ route. 😂

Oof. Not worth the federal fines if you get caught. 

I dont know if you guys remember the lady that was stealing music got fine like 250,000 dollars 

I would rather pay my 90 dollars a year or whatever it costs

Edited by miles

9 hours ago, bills_fan_in_raleigh said:

Looking for streaming options for the 2021 season.  In the past have used Reddit but major changes occurred with NFL however I use Sunday ticket. This year looking to stream NHL if anyone has ideas PM me.

The NHL.com site is good. You can stream on any device with the app. You can also watch full and condensed replays. Everytime there was a blackout I was able to watch on local tv.

“Free” sites come with risks. Not worth it for a 56 game season with a team that doesn’t have the best recent season standings.

49 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

The NHL.com site is good. You can stream on any device with the app. You can also watch full and condensed replays. Everytime there was a blackout I was able to watch on local tv.

“Free” sites come with risks. Not worth it for a 56 game season with a team that doesn’t have the best recent season standings.

Can ya stream on multiple device at once sometimes I want to be watching two games at the same time?  

The one thing that still drives me crazy about blackout restrictions is that it makes it more expensive to follow your home team on television than an out of market team. If I want to follow the Sabres I need MSG, and either a cable subscription or Fubo... much more expensive than if I just got the Center Ice package for a team far away. 

59 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

The one thing that still drives me crazy about blackout restrictions is that it makes it more expensive to follow your home team on television than an out of market team. If I want to follow the Sabres I need MSG, and either a cable subscription or Fubo... much more expensive than if I just got the Center Ice package for a team far away. 

thats just crazy but with Directv I know i get all canes games free as part of their station being my regional sports network I have the 

XTRA

220+ digital channels package most of its junk channels I really dont ever watch, really wish I had a way to just get channels i want versus all the rubbish channels out there

5 minutes ago, bills_fan_in_raleigh said:

thats just crazy but with Directv I know i get all canes games free as part of their station being my regional sports network I have the 

XTRA

220+ digital channels package most of its junk channels I really dont ever watch, really wish I had a way to just get channels i want versus all the rubbish channels out there

Agree. I know the reasons why it’s not like that. but it doesn’t stop me from wishing either.

I wish there was like a 12 channel base package that everyone has to have… For let’s say $20 a month. Then for a dollar more a month you pick and choose which channels you want. Some people would just be happy with the 12 channels. Some people will want only 10 or 15 more channels. And some people want 30 or 40 more channels. And some people will want 90 more channels. Well you pay a dollar per channel per month. The more premium channels like HBO, Showtime etc.… You pay $2 extra per month. Heck you could even make dedicated sports channels an extra $2 a month as well. I don’t know just fantasy spit balling 😂

• Like (+1) 1

I have always wanted “TV” to be like my electricity, pay for what you use.

I only watch one channel at a time so I should only be charged for that channel. When my TV is off I should not pay anything.

If I want to watch a premium broadcast or stream I will pay the appropriate rates.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

i got an email the other day regarding the nhl.tv 

Dear NHL.TV™ subscriber,

This is to notify you that, as a 2019-20 NHL.TV™ subscriber who has opted for automatic renewal, your automatic renewal of your 2020-21 season NHL.TV™ subscription is scheduled to occur on or around January 10, 2021.

As a 2019–20 NHL.TV™ subscriber and based on your preferences, you don't have to do a thing. Your subscription will automatically renew so you will be all set to begin watching the 2020-21 NHL season action.

You will receive a final subscription pricing notification no less than one week before the start of the 2020-21 NHL season.

To cancel or alter your participation in this automatic renewal program, or to learn more about your options, call Customer Support at 800-559-2333 (US) or 1-585-736-3994 (International) between 9AM and 6PM ET or email nhltvsupport@nhl.com before 11:59PM ET on January 10, 2021. To cancel online, simply click here. Your payment card will not be charged if you cancel before 11:59PM ET on January 10, 2021.

Sincerely,

NHL.TV

1 minute ago, miles said:

doesnt say much though

Edited by miles

7 hours ago, bills_fan_in_raleigh said:

Can ya stream on multiple device at once sometimes I want to be watching two games at the same time?  

Yes.  Definitely yes.  If it matters, though, they might not be in sync.

If you're actually watching two different games it doesn't matter though.

Edited by Doohickie

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Even at full price it’s totally worth it.

It would be if I could watch my favorite team on it.

Someday, the league is going to figure this out.  Spectrum or DirecTV pays MSG a few bucks per month, a fraction of which ends up in the NHL's pocket.  So let's say the NHL gets about $1 per month per subscriber.  $12/year.  Think of how much more money the league would make if it told MSG to go screw itself with the blackouts, took less money from MSG, and marketed its streaming service with no blackouts.  Presumption is that ad revenue remains constant across all distribution channels.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.