OT Goodel to invite vaccinated healthcare workers to SB

North Buffalo

://www.cbsnews.com/news/super-bowl-2021-covid-vaccinated-health-care-workers-invited/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

If Bills go Brawndo Wyld and a few others need to be invited...

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

That would be sweet, I think I'm flying home from Albania on the day of the Super Bowl though so not sure I could reroute the plane to the stadium 😂😂

19 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That would be sweet, I think I'm flying home from Albania on the day of the Super Bowl though so not sure I could reroute the plane to the stadium 😂😂

It borders on the Adriatic.  It is mostly mountainous, and its chief export is chrome.

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Kinda on topic: you guys getting vaccinations, how will your lives be affected by restrictions? l

This won't sit well, but my understanding is that it won't really change much. The vaccinated won't be maskless and carefree. There's an open question as to whether even if vaccinated you can carry the virus and infect others. Also, 95% effective isn't 100%.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This won't sit well, but my understanding is that it won't really change much. The vaccinated won't be maskless and carefree. There's an open question as to whether even if vaccinated you can carry the virus and infect others. Also, 95% effective isn't 100%.

Things aren't 100% effective. That's just not reality and why most trials run on 95% confidence intervals. Note a confidence interval is not the same as effectiveness. 

Further I think 95% is quite high for a vaccine. In theory that would mean if everyone were vaccinated 95% of your population wouldn't become sick, that really puts you over the threshold of herd immunity. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Basically, it's status quo until a significant number of people get the shot, and, more importantly, the numbers dwindle?

Probably in March numbers will recede and then instead of seeing the uptick again in September and October, vaccinations will have caught up and we can go back to roughly normal life. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Very good Eleven... I'm also driving through macedonia and kosovo (assuming I can get another rapid Covid test prior to departure) I have no idea what to expect. 

When Cheers has a song about those countries, I'll let you know.

21 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Yeah the CDC said that nothing will change after vaccinations at this point, they simply don't know enough about the vaccination going forward. So life won't really change much except for having a sore arm and maybe some minor side effects for a little while. 

So, you’ve never tested positive, yet you have the antibodies? How does that happen?

10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

So, you’ve never tested positive, yet you have the antibodies? How does that happen?

Beats me man, at any point during the last year I could have had it and not known, I always have little illnesses, just from the nature of my job. Maybe one of those times it was Covid. 

19 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Beats me man, at any point during the last year I could have had it and not known, I always have little illnesses, just from the nature of my job. Maybe one of those times it was Covid. 

Or even while asymptomatic.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

You will love Albania.

We got a driver to smuggle us in from Montenegro 10+ years ago.  It was the second most closed country in the world at that time.  A lot has changed since then.

11 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You will love Albania.

We got a driver to smuggle us in from Montenegro 10+ years ago.  It was the second most closed country in the world at that time.  A lot has changed since then.

A lot has changed, still a lot of animosity between Serbia and kosovo for obvious reasons. 

It's kinda unique how each country has its own restrictions... Macedonia and albania have no issue with US citizens coming as of now, kosovo and Montenegro both require quarantine and/or negative test to enter. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.