NHL Network airing every World Juniors game

I-90 W

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Time to get me a streaming service that has NHL Network (that's becoming more and more difficult these days)

May I suggest Sling? $44 after tax and that includes the added on sports tier which comes with NHL Network and NBC Sports as well. 

3 hours ago, I-90 W said:

May I suggest Sling? $44 after tax and that includes the added on sports tier which comes with NHL Network and NBC Sports as well. 

Is Sling the only option for streaming NHL network ?  I’m getting close to cutting the cord. My friends have advised me to get YouTube tv but they don’t have nhl network. 

36 minutes ago, freester said:

Is Sling the only option for streaming NHL network ?  I’m getting close to cutting the cord. My friends have advised me to get YouTube tv but they don’t have nhl network. 

Fubu has it and I believe ATT (or whatever DirectV is called now) might have it too but Sling is by far the cheapest. 

All that is missing is MSG obviously but that’s what NHL66 is for. Sling gets you NHL Network and NBCSN.

Edited by I-90 W
Typo

24 minutes ago, freester said:

So I can purchase Center ice with YouTube tv and that will include nhl network?  I currently have center ice with directv which includes the Sabres feed. 

I don't know--I anticipated that Zamboni was asking the question to address your MSG concern.  Those of us in WNY can't get Sabres games through Center Ice because of a blackout.

1 hour ago, freester said:

So I can purchase Center ice with YouTube tv and that will include nhl network?  I currently have center ice with directv which includes the Sabres feed. 

I think the answer to this is no. I've believe the only options are 1: your cable company carries NHL network. 2: You get a fake cable company, like sling, that carries NHL network. I don't think Center Ice or NHLtv helps. I expect TSN ($20) (used with a VPN ($10)) will not work because TSN will reject your American payment, but I haven't tested this.

2 hours ago, freester said:

Yea I don’t have an educated (from experience) answer for you because I’m in WNY. And I cut the cord with Spectrum Cable several months ago with Fubo thru a Roku device. And had MSG-B in the package. Then three months after I dropped Spectrum, they mail me a “streaming deal” that was way way cheaper than when I had the cable boxes. And cheaper than Fubo. So since I was already streaming Fubo,, it was an easy switch to stream Spectrum thru Roku.

So, since September I’ve been streaming Spectrum. And if next August they tell me their rates are going to skyrocket after their “deal” is up, I’ll switch back to Fubo if it’s cheaper.
I don’t know if that story helps you, but it may help someone else reading this. 

20 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Right.. I might go that route.

I might also go with Fubo because they have MSG+ and will have Sabres games.  But I might hold off on that until we know there will be Sabres games.

Center Ice does not get you NHL Network. It will also not get you Sabres games that are NBCSN.  

TV services, overall, are really at the point that it doesn't matter if you have cable or not. The prices are comparable. You can bounce around and get deals but eventually that will dry up as each service continues to just lose money because customers are doing that. The days of bundles streams or cable are coming to an end. Next year there are a slew of new streaming services popping up. It will be as near as a la carte as you will probably ever get. Won't necessarily cost you less.

So, I think it'll be Sling for January.. and then adjust as needed.

53 minutes ago, LTS said:

Right.. I might go that route.

I might also go with Fubo because they have MSG+ and will have Sabres games.  But I might hold off on that until we know there will be Sabres games.

Center Ice does not get you NHL Network. It will also not get you Sabres games that are NBCSN.  

TV services, overall, are really at the point that it doesn't matter if you have cable or not. The prices are comparable. You can bounce around and get deals but eventually that will dry up as each service continues to just lose money because customers are doing that. The days of bundles streams or cable are coming to an end. Next year there are a slew of new streaming services popping up. It will be as near as a la carte as you will probably ever get. Won't necessarily cost you less.

So, I think it'll be Sling for January.. and then adjust as needed.

Good points, though I would just pull the trigger on Fubo as hockey is all but certain IMO. Also blackout restrictions are the worst; I’m in the opposite side of the state and still in Sabres territory. There are five NHL teams that are geographically closer yet the Sabres are still blacked out. 

I wish Center Ice would take my money. 

Edited by I-90 W
Typo

On 12/18/2020 at 3:37 PM, I-90 W said:

Good points, though I would just pull the trigger on Fubo as hockey is all but certain IMO. Also blackout restrictions are the worst; I’m in the opposite side of the state and still in Sabres territory. There are five NHL teams that are geographically closer yet the Sabres are still blacked out. 

I wish Center Ice would take my money. 

Oops.. posted in the other thread.  I did Sling out of the gate.  I'll pull the trigger on Fubo when the NHL games start most likely.. or I will negotiate with Spectrum or something.  Who knows.. that's a month away or so and feels like an eternity. 🙂

I was under the impression that NHL Network was televising tonight's exhibition game.  Obviously not and none televised until Dec. 25.

Does anyone know where to get the live score for the USA vs. Switzerland scheduled to start @6pm today?

Edited by Cityo'Rasmii
I've since discovered that the exhibition schedule has changed https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2021/wm20/tournamentinfo/22691/exhibition-games

28 minutes ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

I was under the impression that NHL Network was televising tonight's exhibition game.  Obviously not and none televised until Dec. 25.

Does anyone know where to get the live score for the USA vs. Switzerland scheduled to start @6pm today?

"IIHF cancels 6 exhibition games in 2021 World Juniors Championship - Jewels From The Crown" https://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/platform/amp/2020/12/19/22191292/2021-world-juniors-championship-wjc-iihf-cancels-exhibition-games-updated-schedule-coronavirus

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 12/18/2020 at 8:06 AM, Eleven said:

I don't know--I anticipated that Zamboni was asking the question to address your MSG concern.  Those of us in WNY can't get Sabres games through Center Ice because of a blackout.

I'm in Eastern New York and am also in a blackout, practically in Vermont!

8 hours ago, I-90 W said:

I'm in Eastern New York and am also in a blackout, practically in Vermont!

It's so irritating that they do this.  Hopefully, the league someday realizes that it would make more money by not having blackouts on streaming services than it makes by agreeing to the blackouts for the benefit of regional sports networks, and moves forward.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Eleven said:

It's so irritating that they do this.  Hopefully, the league someday realizes that it would make more money by not having blackouts on streaming services than it makes by agreeing to the blackouts for the benefit of regional sports networks, and moves forward.

Exactly. There are five NHL teams that are geographically closer to me than the Sabres, yet I’m still in Sabres blackout territory. 

It would literally be easier and cheaper for me to follow a west coast team or Canadian team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.