2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

Can we just add Novikov to the end of my draft? I like him now that I know him. It's my own fault for just ignoring Russia because honestly I am one guy and do my best but I figured Buffalo wouldn't draft from there so I only looked at the very top guys. 

I am very happy that next year I can get back to using some of the numbers again. I think I missed value in this draft and it was a learning experience for sure. Looking at the cohorts from previous drafts I am going to have to put an asterisks for 2020.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I am very happy that next year I can get back to using some of the numbers again. I think I missed value in this draft and it was a learning experience for sure. Looking at the cohorts from previous drafts I am going to have to put an asterisks for 2020.

Nonsense

My rough estimates is that Me, you, Pronman, and Button get about 2 1/4 players per draft, the Sabres and McKenzie, crap, I forgot McKenzie, get about 1 3/4 players per year, over a 6 year cycle, that's a difference of 3 players, which is pretty much one of Buffalo's problems. So with 11 picks, I expect you to get about 4-5 players, and expect the BS to get 3-4 players, and everyone will think how awesome the BS draft was because they got 3-4 players.

It's meant to be a learning experience. 

Just now, rakish said:

Nonsense

My rough estimates is that Me, you, Pronman, and Button get about 2 1/4 players per draft, the Sabres and McKenzie, crap, I forgot McKenzie, get about 1 3/4 players per year, over a 6 year cycle, that's a difference of 3 players, which is pretty much one of Buffalo's problems. So with 11 picks, I expect you to get about 4-5 players, and expect the BS to get 3-4 players, and everyone will think how awesome the BS draft was because they got 3-4 players.

It's meant to be a learning experience. 

If I got 4-5 players I would be so happy. I think I have 3 for sure. Eklund, Wallstedt, Raty. Duke and Orr are really 2 guys I have a lot of faith in. 

23 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If I got 4-5 players I would be so happy. I think I have 3 for sure. Eklund, Wallstedt, Raty. Duke and Orr are really 2 guys I have a lot of faith in. 

One will blow out a knee, one will fall in love with the wrong girl.

The methodology here isn't great. They are comparing where a player was taken to their own rankings and determining value. If they did it with a consensus list of the top 10 rankings, sure that makes some sense. This would be like if I said so and so got great value because I had say Robert Orr at 39 and he went way later. It is only value against my rankings, so that is flawed. Found it interesting to look at. Anyway interesting read and an interesting note about Buffalo near the bottom. 

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.