2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

One of the few things I have hope about is that Lazar remarked that the team has a positive belief in itself when he was traded.  Moreover, there is a good vibe from the team overall; in particular, Sam Reinhart and Rasmus Ristolainen look less grim when they are out there.  We have seen a bit more team chemistry when players get hit; I can barely recall the last time I saw the team respond to attempted intimidation this well.  The team overall does not quit; they can be overwhelmed like they were in the second game against Boston, but they responded against the Islanders last night.  It is the first time in a long time that the team has playing decently in the last month of a season (Bylsma's first season).

Maybe that helps

Winning cures all ills or something like that 

so back to the draft... 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Winning cures all ills or something like that 

so back to the draft... 😂

The unfortunate reason that the Eichel and Reinhart talk is relevant is that whom you draft depends on who is on your team.  IMHO, if you have a shadow of a doubt about Eichel and Reinhart being here after next season, you draft the best centre you can.

19 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

The unfortunate reason that the Eichel and Reinhart talk is relevant is that whom you draft depends on who is on your team.  IMHO, if you have a shadow of a doubt about Eichel and Reinhart being here after next season, you draft the best centre you can.

The  disappointment on my face when we select matthew beniers

tenor.gif

*I slowly look at my dylan guenther  upper deck rookie card *

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You might be right. If Sam and Jack go... you're in a hard reset. 

Yeah, I’m fearful of this, but also wonder how much worse could it really be?

If, IF, Jack, Sam, and Risto go in the next 12 months.  This team will be something completely different and new.  The old has been awful so I’m not really that afraid of something new.  If, IF, they acquire the right pieces in those trades, and do a good job drafting, there could be a lot of talent and internal competition on the depth chart.  That sort of environment will push the cream to the top.

Just draft Beniers or Eklund, we’ll figure out the rest later.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Yeah, I’m fearful of this, but also wonder how much worse could it really be?

If, IF, Jack, Sam, and Risto go in the next 12 months.  This team will be something completely different and new.  The old has been awful so I’m not really that afraid of something new.  If, IF, they acquire the right pieces in those trades, and do a good job drafting, there could be a lot of talent and internal competition on the depth chart.  That sort of environment will push the cream to the top.

Just draft Beniers or Eklund, we’ll figure out the rest later.

If they draft well... something that's been said for many years. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Yeah of course.  It should go without saying, because if they draft poorly, it’s very difficult to be a high quality team for more than 2-3 years.  It’s almost a prerequisite for success.

12 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Really curious how this season carries over in terms of the kids. The number of young players who have shown significant growth is outstanding and could change our perception of the franchise's ability to develop young talent.

How many of these guys are here to stay? How many of them still have room to grow?

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Anyone know If the new lottery rule is in effect this year?

where you win the lottery you only can win it one more time? 

No they don't start counting the "5 year period" until next season

Hypothetically we could win it this season, and win it the next 2 seasons, as well

Edited by Thorny

Another disappointing game for Guenther.  Canada wins 8-1 and he was invisible. They took him off Wright’s line and he was lost, no points.   Meanwhile they added Bedard to Wright’s line and Wright had a goal and 3 assists and Bedard had a hat trick.

I don’t want to spend a top pick on a guy who is a passenger on a line. Give me Beniers who leaves it all on the ice every shift.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Another disappointing game for Guenther.  Canada wins 8-1 and he was invisible. They took him off Wright’s line and he was lost, no points.   Meanwhile they added Bedard to Wright’s line and Wight had a goal and 3 assists and Bedard had a hat trick.

I don’t want to spend a top pick on a guy who is a passenger on a line. Give me Beniers who leaves it all on the ice every shift.

Yep.

Sabres officially cannot draft any lower than 3rd over all

my top 3 wish list

1) Beniers - will join team late next season, play LW for a year or two and can move to Center if injury to Eichel, Samson or Mitts.  If things don’t turn around in a year or 2, he can become full time center is Samson or Eichel traded 

Eklund - probably would stay in Sweden for the year, moving to AHL late next season  would become a top 6 LW for Sabres following year 

Guenther - don’t want to read too much into the u18s but certainly is concerning    Great shot,  good anticipation and works hard.  would bring another right hand shot to the organization   Would compete with Quinn as a top 6 RW in 2022-23

Clarke - with a good chance we are close to seeing Risto move on, he would be a great addition to their depth.  Currently the only RHD are Borgen and Jokiharju and one the young D on the Amerks - Fitzgerald? 
the Left side is pretty well set for the foreseeable future with Dahlin, Samsuelsson, Bryson, Johnson, etc

i could see Clarke moving into the #2 slot on my “Sabres” draft board by the time the draft comes around 

3 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Sabres officially cannot draft any lower than 3rd over all

my top 3 wish list

1) Beniers - will join team late next season, play LW for a year or two and can move to Center if injury to Eichel, Samson or Mitts.  If things don’t turn around in a year or 2, he can become full time center is Samson or Eichel traded 

Eklund - probably would stay in Sweden for the year, moving to AHL late next season  would become a top 6 LW for Sabres following year 

Guenther - don’t want to read too much into the u18s but certainly is concerning    Great shot,  good anticipation and works hard.  would bring another right hand shot to the organization   Would compete with Quinn as a top 6 RW in 2022-23

Clarke - with a good chance we are close to seeing Risto move on, he would be a great addition to their depth.  Currently the only RHD are Borgen and Jokiharju and one the young D on the Amerks - Fitzgerald? 
the Left side is pretty well set for the foreseeable future with Dahlin, Samsuelsson, Bryson, Johnson, etc

i could see Clarke moving into the #2 slot on my “Sabres” draft board by the time the draft comes around 

Cozens isn't in the centre equation anymore?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.