2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

Reinhart showing reasonable aptitude at centre (and, more so, the team's willingness to finally try it) has taken the steam out of this draft a little bit for me. I'd still like to draft a C all else being equal, especially because we don't have a top6 centre ceiling prospect in the system after Cozens, but the (honestly, ever-healthy) presence of Reinhart provides some needed insurance on that front. It's a lot easier to count on Eichel, Cozens, Reinhart for top 6 C heading into next season (if our trade/FA adds are at W) that it was just Eichel and Cozens. Not to mention the depth Casey is looking increasingly capable of supplying. 

If they can't trade it, as long as they don't go D I don't have a strong preference among the forwards provided it's not a Quinn-like pick. 

After that I'll just defer to the smarter prospect folk around here

Edited by Thorny

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Still haven't gotten that far. However another name to watch... it's like Nick Robertson-esque

Give me Stankoven NOW even if this is the first time I’ve ever heard of him. That name sold me.

Edited by Hoss
  • Haha (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Give me Stankoven NOW even if this is the first time I’ve ever heard of him. That name sold me.

Stankoven sounds like the name of a weed cafe somewhere that sells really good edibles. "Y'all been to Stank Oven yet?"

18 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Hopefully the organization is smart enough to understand how good raty is and not take beniers

Breakdown why Raty is better than Beniers. I would be curious to hear what you think. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Stankoven sounds like the name of a weed cafe somewhere that sells really good edibles. "Y'all been to Stank Oven yet?"

Breakdown why Raty is better than Beniers. I would be curious to hear what you think. 

https://thehockeywriters.com/aatu-raty-2021-draft-prospect-profile/  scroll down to his rankings from all the sources. He is not even top 10 for the majority of rankings.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Weave said:

We have all of the Rasmus variants, might as well have all of the Olofsson/Olausson variants as well.

Sadly unless we get another 1st round pick, I think Olausson will be gone. 

His consolidated ranking is currently 16th 

On 4/6/2021 at 2:02 PM, LGR4GM said:

I lied, Power is currently 7th on my board. In a scrambled order: Eklund, Clarke, Hughes, Guenther, Beniers, and a surprise all sit ahead of him. I was  shocked as well as I started my initial list. 

Did you use one simple trick to pick that player?

6 hours ago, Hoss said:

That might become the most popular hockey jersey in history.

On 4/7/2021 at 2:06 PM, Buffalonill said:

Hopefully the organization is smart enough to understand how good raty is and not take beniers

Still waiting on any sort of breakdown, explanation, example of, or other evidence submitted by you to support why you think this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/7/2021 at 2:15 PM, Hoss said:

Damn.  I read that as "Stankonia".  BOB could be his nickname, I guess.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 4/7/2021 at 1:23 PM, LGR4GM said:

Let's play a game first 

Beniers :  Scouting report

An extraordinary competitor with excellent hockey sense. Highly talented and powerful – intimidates with skill and strength. Strong skater with a smooth and long stride. Possesses great footwork and agility. Can escape pressure and tear his way thru traffic with his tight stop-and-starts and seamless ability to change directions while still in flight. Protects the puck very well with his body and reach.

Tough physical presence in that he cannot be removed from the puck and has the tenacity, desire and grit to come get when he wants it. Attacks the net often and owns a soft touch which allows him to work magic with the puck. Can absolutely rifle a booming shot to the net. Has an outstanding work ethic, both on and off the ice

Raty :  Scouting report

is a big, strong center who has pretty solid wheels. He gets around the ice with no issue and possesses the strength to play against men already. He has a big wrist shot and a willingness to get to the net. He may not be a true ‘franchise player’ but he has the chance to be a very solid number one center. He plays a mature game and consistently performs well against advanced competition. He isn’t a lock to go number one but he is certainly the early favorite. He could end up being the first Finn to go first overall in the NHL draft

A smart defensive player, Raty’s true bread and butter is how he attacks every play, never letting his guard down even in blowout contests. He can find his way out of most situations with the puck and his straight-line speed makes him tough to stop. 

Raty was Finland’s number one center and looked a stronger, faster version of himself from last season. He showed off his excellent hand-eye coordination, skating, and playmaking abilities and finished with four points in five games. Raty’s edges and puck control allow him to create space for himself and his teammates to create offense. 

Which one sounds better in your  Opinion?

Edited by Buffalonill

12 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Let's play a game first 

An extraordinary competitor with excellent hockey sense. Highly talented and powerful – intimidates with skill and strength. Strong skater with a smooth and long stride. Possesses great footwork and agility. Can escape pressure and tear his way thru traffic with his tight stop-and-starts and seamless ability to change directions while still in flight. Protects the puck very well with his body and reach.

Tough physical presence in that he cannot be removed from the puck and has the tenacity, desire and grit to come get when he wants it. Attacks the net often and owns a soft touch which allows him to work magic with the puck. Can absolutely rifle a booming shot to the net. Has an outstanding work ethic, both on and off the ice

is a big, strong center who has pretty solid wheels. He gets around the ice with no issue and possesses the strength to play against men already. He has a big wrist shot and a willingness to get to the net. He may not be a true ‘franchise player’ but he has the chance to be a very solid number one center. He plays a mature game and consistently performs well against advanced competition. He isn’t a lock to go number one but he is certainly the early favorite. He could end up being the first Finn to go first overall in the NHL draft

A smart defensive player, Raty’s true bread and butter is how he attacks every play, never letting his guard down even in blowout contests. He can find his way out of most situations with the puck and his straight-line speed makes him tough to stop. 

Raty was Finland’s number one center and looked a stronger, faster version of himself from last season. He showed off his excellent hand-eye coordination, skating, and playmaking abilities and finished with four points in five games. Raty’s edges and puck control allow him to create space for himself and his teammates to create offense. 

Let's not and you expand on Raty. When you answer my question I will answer yours. Why do you feel Raty should be the first player drafted?

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Let's play a game first 

For anyone curious the "Beniers" scouting report is not for Matthew Beniers but for Zemgus Girgensons. https://thehockeywriters.com/zemgus-girgensons-the-next-ones-2012-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-the-latvian-locomotive/

The Raty "article" comes from quotes pulled in 2020 or a full year ago from this article https://www.rawcharge.com/2020/4/24/21228954/21-days-of-2021-nhl-draft-prospects-1-aatu-raty

Always keep reading kids and make sure you get up to date info. For the record, the Beniers one I wouldn't have looked up except I have read all the publicly available profiles for Beniers and yours didn't ring a bell. Of course why would it when it was about Zemgus Girgensons from 2012. 

Here is the hockey writers actually report on Beniers for those interested: https://thehockeywriters.com/matthew-beniers-2021-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

For anyone curious the "Beniers" scouting report is not for Matthew Beniers but for Zemgus Girgensons. https://thehockeywriters.com/zemgus-girgensons-the-next-ones-2012-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-the-latvian-locomotive/

The Raty "article" comes from quotes pulled in 2020 or a full year ago from this article https://www.rawcharge.com/2020/4/24/21228954/21-days-of-2021-nhl-draft-prospects-1-aatu-raty

Always keep reading kids and make sure you get up to date info. For the record, the Beniers one I wouldn't have looked up except I have read all the publicly available profiles for Beniers and yours didn't ring a bell. Of course why would it when it was about Zemgus Girgensons from 2012. 

Here is the hockey writers actually report on Beniers for those interested: https://thehockeywriters.com/matthew-beniers-2021-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

That was the test  You can even argue sam has the Exact scouting report as beniers.

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Let's not and you expand on Raty. When you answer my question I will answer yours. Why do you feel Raty should be the first player drafted?

I already did and you decided to ignore it .

-He's played against men

-projected 1st overall last year

-nhl ready 

- best defensive forward in the draft 

- highest calling 

- nonstop  motor

-fast

He's everything your Beniers is but better will put up 80 points 

Beniers will max out at 50 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.