2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

My concern with Beniers based solely on that clip, he isn't the one creating that chance really. Granted it is 3 goals and we have limited time before them but he is basically just getting in a good position while others do the work. Just something to think about. 

51 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

My concern with Beniers based solely on that clip, he isn't the one creating that chance really. Granted it is 3 goals and we have limited time before them but he is basically just getting in a good position while others do the work. Just something to think about. 

Like Olofsson.

Just now, Weave said:

Like Olofsson.

He is a good example. Note I am not saying that is what Beniers is just something I look at when watching clips. 

Who generates the chaos in the offensive zone that leads to the scoring chance. That is the guy that interests me the most. 

19 hours ago, WildCard said:

Is there anyone in this draft to get really excited about in the top 5?

Nope.  This is definitely NOT a good year to intentionally or unintentionally tank.  But this will be the year we actually win the lottery!  🤬

Edited by John Tucker

31 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

Nope.  This is definitely NOT a good year to intentionally or unintentionally tank.  But this will be the year we actually win the lottery!  🤬

2nd year. 

We should not be this bad.  My word.

Here is a nice primer by Steve Kournianos of The Draft Analyst on his top-32 prospects for the 2021 draft.  He gives a short paragraph scouting report on each guy.

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2021-nhl-draft/2021-nhl-draft-rankings-top-32-march/

When thinking about guys for the Sabres, I’m looking for guys who have non stop motors, play a 200 ft game, go to the center of the ice, aren’t afraid to play physical, and have high character.  As many of those as possible.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Curt said:

Here is a nice primer by Steve Kournianos of The Draft Analyst on his top-32 prospects for the 2021 draft.  He gives a short paragraph scouting report on each guy.

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2021-nhl-draft/2021-nhl-draft-rankings-top-32-march/

When thinking about guys for the Sabres, I’m looking for guys who have non stop motors, play a 200 ft game, go to the center of the ice, aren’t afraid to play physical, and have high character.  As many of those as possible.

His analysis is very good, but he has a tendency to heavily favor US College Players and USNTDP kids as well

8 hours ago, Brawndo said:

His analysis is very good, but he has a tendency to heavily favor US College Players and USNTDP kids as well

Botterill... is that you?

this draft will be a crapshoot but we I think we need to look at players that have the attitude of "plays every shift" which is something that I have been advocating for since at least 2016. You need to find and draft players that have Cozens mindset. JJ, Quinn, Johnson (ik, I am saying something nice!), Cozens are players in this mold. Pekar is as well but he's a 4th line grinder guy so that doesn't really matter. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Botterill... is that you?

this draft will be a crapshoot but we I think we need to look at players that have the attitude of "plays every shift" which is something that I have been advocating for since at least 2016. You need to find and draft players that have Cozens mindset. JJ, Quinn, Johnson (ik, I am saying something nice!), Cozens are players in this mold. Pekar is as well but he's a 4th line grinder guy so that doesn't really matter. 

Was thinking the same thing

We need players with a better work ethic, but remember you can't draft for need. Never know, by the time the pick gets here we may have too many "plays every shift" players and need more "takes shifts off" players. 

BPA. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We need players with a better work ethic, but remember you can't draft for need. Never know, by the time the pick gets here we may have too many "plays every shift" players and need more "takes shifts off" players. 

BPA. 

WILLIAM EKLUND!

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.