Jack Quinn and Dylan Cozens make the Canadian WJC Roster; Ryan Johnson Makes US Squad; JJ Peterka makes German Team

Brawndo

45 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Any word whether Quinn is still on the captain's line?

He is. Lines have been unchanged since they announced the team.

Looks like Tourigny has a pretty clear idea of how he wants them lined up, at least until something goes wrong. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

I cannot wait to not only watch Quinn and Cozens but watch the two of them playing together.  I hope that line sticks and both have a good showing.  

First pre-tourney game for Canada is against the Russians tomorrow at 6 for those interested (and can get the feed).

1-1 after 1 US Finland.

Americans on the PP most of the game which cut into Johnson’s ice time, but he looked poised and assertive defending and moving the puck. Separated the attacker from the puck, and made smart breakout passes on the tape.

And very mobile; a beautiful skater.

It’s the Zegras and Caufield show tonight so far in terms of guys who catch your eye.

Lundell and Turcotte have shown very little, and I don’t think it’s a case of me just not seeing the little things.

Something hateable about Kaliyev. Glad we didn’t pick him, glad he’s not in our division.

3-2 US final.

Johnson’s game was weaker in the 3rd. The US got stuck in their zone on a couple of his shifts.

He played on the 3rd pair, on a team that dressed 9 defencemen.

I thought he certainly looked like one of their top six, but not a key guy.

His skating is definitely an asset.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

It’s the Zegras and Caufield show tonight so far in terms of guys who catch your eye.

Lundell and Turcotte have shown very little, and I don’t think it’s a case of me just not seeing the little things.

Something hateable about Kaliyev. Glad we didn’t pick him, glad he’s not in our division.

Kaliyev is lazy without the puck.

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I was going to post the same thing. 

Johnson is fast, but otherwise he didn't impress me. He is likely a long way away from the nhl. 

It is really too bad Nic Robertson and Nils Hoglander aren't at this thing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.