Air hockey gift

spndnchz

Yes! Sort of. So, depending on how fussy you are about quality play, you have to make sure the blower is strong enough or the puck doesn’t move well. It may even stop. 

We had one, exchanged it and got a different one because of this. I always wished we spent more for better play. If you don’t spend above a certain amount for quality parts, then it is hard to enjoy. 

a friend had one by Atomic that I wish I had just bought and saved myself the hassle. 

10 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Hmm.  An awesome bubble hockey brand new is 1800

I’m looking 200 ish. Should I even bother at that price? Air, not bubble

This is going to depend on how old your nephew is, actually.  If he's 6, he'll have plenty of fun with even the lower-end tables.  If he's 15, not so much.

13 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Hmm.  An awesome bubble hockey brand new is 1800

I’m looking 200 ish. Should I even bother at that price? Air, not bubble

If you are talking about a full sized 7-9 ft air hockey table - I don’t think you could find a good used one for that. We paid $850 for an underpowered one and replaced it with one that was ok for $1200. Neither compared to the atomic for fun game play. 

Is this for a small child?

20 hours ago, SDS said:

If you are talking about a full sized 7-9 ft air hockey table - I don’t think you could find a good used one for that. We paid $850 for an underpowered one and replaced it with one that was ok for $1200. Neither compared to the atomic for fun game play. 

Is this for a small child?

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

So, that would seem to me to be old for some sort of miniature table. If it was going to be used for a couple years that means they’re going to be 15 or 16 and they’re going to have big adultish bodies.

is there something specific that you were looking at? A link somewhere?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.