Joseph R. Biden, Your Thoughts On His Presidency

SABRES 0311

10 hours ago, Weave said:

If this money is truly being released for non govt and non military uses, I’m ok with it.

The rub being, of course, can its use be effectively monitored and controlled.

Open mind here.

I doubt there will be a way to track every penny. Iran has Russia to back them in a region where power vacuums are developing. I’m sure Iran will think of creative ways to use that money. 

• 3 weeks later...

This narrative being put forth by the far right regarding Biden and the $6b is doing nothing but comforting Hamas and Hezbolluh. And the fact it’s being used as political fodder for the likes of Pence, Scott, MTG and other shameless far right republicans makes it even more tragic while innocent people are being slaughtered. 

Not that it matters to anyone only interested in pushing lies about the six billion dollars, but Iran doesn’t have control over the funds as they are being held in restricted accounts in Qatari banks and can only be drawn by vetted third party vendors of food, medicine, medical products, and agricultural products. All transactions will be monitored by the Treasury Department and the US has oversight of every transaction. Furthermore, the US can stop any transactions from taking place and can also re-freeze the accounts if necessary. 

The far right extremists pushing these lies would be better off looking at Russia’s complicity in making sure the terrorists are well stocked with rockets and other weapons of mass destruction. 

On 10/10/2023 at 4:37 PM, K-9 said:

This narrative being put forth by the far right regarding Biden and the $6b is doing nothing but comforting Hamas and Hezbolluh. And the fact it’s being used as political fodder for the likes of Pence, Scott, MTG and other shameless far right republicans makes it even more tragic while innocent people are being slaughtered. 

Not that it matters to anyone only interested in pushing lies about the six billion dollars, but Iran doesn’t have control over the funds as they are being held in restricted accounts in Qatari banks and can only be drawn by vetted third party vendors of food, medicine, medical products, and agricultural products. All transactions will be monitored by the Treasury Department and the US has oversight of every transaction. Furthermore, the US can stop any transactions from taking place and can also re-freeze the accounts if necessary. 

The far right extremists pushing these lies would be better off looking at Russia’s complicity in making sure the terrorists are well stocked with rockets and other weapons of mass destruction. 

Terrorist organizations have other funding streams. Drugs, human trafficking, and actual donations to name a few. IMO that $6B would be too hot to launder. Especially for such a high profile attack.

Nonetheless you are correct that it is being controlled and I’m not sure any of it has been tapped into. I don’t subscribe to the theory it was used to fund the Israel attack. Not a fan of using this for political gain. Ethics aside, it detracts from the facts of the issue.

Iran has a history of being tied to terrorism. Hamas claimed they were Iranian backed but I believe Iran denied that claim. Doesn’t mean Iran is telling the truth though. Simultaneously Hezbollah is launching rockets from Lebanon. I have no way of knowing Hezbollah’s funding but I don’t rule out they may have played a big part in funding Hamas.

I created a thread for discussing all these conflicts. I’d be happy to discuss further there.

1 hour ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Terrorist organizations have other funding streams. Drugs, human trafficking, and actual donations to name a few. IMO that $6B would be too hot to launder. Especially for such a high profile attack.

Nonetheless you are correct that it is being controlled and I’m not sure any of it has been tapped into. I don’t subscribe to the theory it was used to fund the Israel attack. Not a fan of using this for political gain. Ethics aside, it detracts from the facts of the issue.

Iran has a history of being tied to terrorism. Hamas claimed they were Iranian backed but I believe Iran denied that claim. Doesn’t mean Iran is telling the truth though. Simultaneously Hezbollah is launching rockets from Lebanon. I have no way of knowing Hezbollah’s funding but I don’t rule out they may have played a big part in funding Hamas.

I created a thread for discussing all these conflicts. I’d be happy to discuss further there.

All of that is true, especially the part about other revenue streams for terrorists in the region. And Iran is far from the only entity in the region that does it, too. 

But the deliberate lies being told by prominent republican politicians is disgusting, even for them. Tim Scott was on Laura Ingraham and spewed lie after lie after lie about Joe Biden and how he is responsible for the attack on Israel for no other reason than to score some political points that won’t help him one way or the other. No surprise that the network that deliberately lies to their audience would give him the platform to spew his bullsh*t. They are doing nothing but providing comfort to the terrorists by doing so. 

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

All of that is true, especially the part about other revenue streams for terrorists in the region. And Iran is far from the only entity in the region that does it, too. 

But the deliberate lies being told by prominent republican politicians is disgusting, even for them. Tim Scott was on Laura Ingraham and spewed lie after lie after lie about Joe Biden and how he is responsible for the attack on Israel for no other reason than to score some political points that won’t help him one way or the other. No surprise that the network that deliberately lies to their audience would give him the platform to spew his bullsh*t. They are doing nothing but providing comfort to the terrorists by doing so. 

Yeah. My concern is very much in the Israeli hostages. I’m willing to bet they get used as a bargaining chip to ease/cease hostilities  when it becomes apparent **** around and find out is Israel’s strategy. 

IDF SpecOps apparently captured the Hamas Maritime Commander 24 hours after the attack. Between Mossad and SF, Hamas is in for it. Hezbollah’s rocket attacks might be a means to ease Israeli pressure and divide their forces. Just a guess though.

12 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Yeah. My concern is very much in the Israeli hostages. I’m willing to bet they get used as a bargaining chip to ease/cease hostilities  when it becomes apparent **** around and find out is Israel’s strategy. 

IDF SpecOps apparently captured the Hamas Maritime Commander 24 hours after the attack. Between Mossad and SF, Hamas is in for it. Hezbollah’s rocket attacks might be a means to ease Israeli pressure and divide their forces. Just a guess though.

Your concern is in the right place. And like you suggested, we can discuss the ongoing situation in the thread you started for that purpose. 

This thread is about Joe Biden’s presidency and is where I decided to comment about the false far right narrative about Joe Biden, the six billion dollars, and his “complicity” in the terrorist attack on Israel. When prominent republicans, several of which are running to be their party’s nominee for the presidency, deliberately manufacture and spread lies like that, it needs to be condemned by republicans everywhere and I just haven’t seen it. 

But we shouldn’t be surprised as the GOP has adopted yet another lie as part of their strategy. Especially when the RNC chairperson herself says the attacks are “a great opportunity for GOP candidates.” Disgusting on every level. 

So the US and Qatar have agreed not to release any of the $6b to Iran at this time. Will the republican cretins like Scott, Haley, Pence, Ronna McDaniel, and others retract and correct their disgusting lies about Biden funding and being complicit in the terrorist attack on Israel? Will the network that deliberately lie to their viewing audience set the record straight? 

Yeah, right. Ignorant cowards, all.