Sabres Sign 2020 First Round Pick Jack Quinn to ELC

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Hot take: Jack Quinn will battle Dylan Cozens for the next decade for the title of best Sabres best 1st-rounder of the past 30 years not named Eichel or Dahlin.

(Title currently held by Thomas Vanek)

Can we hold off anointing Dahlin “Eichel Status” until he achieves it?  I’m sure this is going to be met with plenty of contrary opinions but I think it’s warranted.  He still needs some seasoning.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

Can we hold off anointing Dahlin “Eichel Status” until he achieves it?  I’m sure this is going to be met with plenty of contrary opinions but I think it’s warranted.  He still needs some seasoning.  

I really couldn’t agree more. He needs to make some big strides this season to live up to his pre draft hype. I’ve seen flashes but he needs to put it all together 

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Fun fact. The kid who has only played in the nhl as a teen is second for most points by a teenage defender. 

More fun facts, he's gained 20lbs. 

More more fun facts, he's the best defender on the Sabres roster. 

Here’s a fun fact, your 3rd fun “fact” is more of an opinion. But I hope you have more of these, I’m learning an awful lot

38 minutes ago, inkman said:

That's not what the post was trying to imply. I agree there is a significant gap between what Eichel and Dahlin have accomplished

That said, Dahlin did more compared to the field as a teenage defenceman than Jack did as a teenage forward.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, dudacek said:

That's not what the post was trying to imply. I agree there is a significant gap between what Eichel and Dahlin have accomplished

That said, Dahlin did more compared to the field as a teenage defenceman than Jack did as a teenage forward.

The bolded is absolutely true.  I feel like Jack got more benefit of doubt his first couple years than Dahlin has gotten from the fans.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Fun fact. The kid who has only played in the nhl as a teen is second for most points by a teenage defender. 

More fun facts, he's gained 20lbs. 

More more fun facts, he's the best defender on the Sabres roster. 

Another fun fact, he’s made some of the worst passes I’ve ever seen any player make.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

He's also made some of the very best passes you've ever seen. 

Love ppl shitting on Dahlin, because ik they are wrong. 

He’s great.  I think.  So you say. And other stat people.  The eye ball test tells me he has a looooooooooooooog way to go.  

1 minute ago, steveoath said:

Dahlin ranked 21st (or tied 18th) in points last season among ALL defencemen despite playing around 20 games fewer than most. As a teenager. He'll be just fine.

Generational. 🙄

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

He’s great.  I think.  So you say. And other stat people.  The eye ball test tells me he has a looooooooooooooog way to go.  

Generational. 🙄

Saying that a 19 year old defenseman has a long way to go is kind of a no brained thing to say.  Of course he does.

Are there any 19 year old defensemen out there that don’t have a loooooooooong way to go?  That’s an honest question by the way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Saying that a 19 year old defenseman has a long way to go is kind of a no brained thing to say.  Of course he does.

Are there any 19 year old defensemen out there that don’t have a loooooooooong way to go?  That’s an honest question by the way.

And that is pretty much Inky's point.  The kid has a bunch of developing to do before he should be annointed anything more than best 19 yr old NHL defenseman currently.

Ligers reaction to it is like Old Faithful.  Or that cauldera in Yellowstone waiting to end human suffering.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Generational. 🙄

And some people here thought Eichel wouldn't pan out & was overrated as a prospect until he wasn't.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

He's on track to be with great likelihood Hedman level or perhaps even better.  Yes, he needs to improve in several areas.  But he likely will and we should start seeing more than simply glimpses of what he'll become. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

His shooting % was in the 20's last season.  That's unsustainable, when it drops to 7-8% he'll score maybe 20g becoming a bust of epic proportions.

57 minutes ago, Weave said:

And that is pretty much Inky's point.  The kid has a bunch of developing to do before he should be annointed anything more than best 19 yr old NHL defenseman currently.

Ligers reaction to it is like Old Faithful.  Or that cauldera in Yellowstone waiting to end human suffering.

You have doubts. I don't. 

29 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

No. Cozens will be a lot better. 

Oh idk about a lot better. Hmm this is hard because I have more info on Cozens than Quinn but they exist on the same level or tier talent wise. I think right now Cozens is better but Quinn is an anomaly in so many ways. 

Id be curious to hear @chloewoj take

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.