[Offseason] Who was the worst James Bond actor?

Eleven

[Offseason] Who was the worst James Bond actor?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the worst James Bond actor?

• George Lazenby
    • Roger Moore
    • Timothy Dalton
    • Pierce Brosnan
    • Daniel Craig

On 11/16/2020 at 8:10 AM, Eleven said:

There's a movie called Layer Cake that gave Craig his start.  I highly recommend it.  One of the best crime films ever; it's almost as good as *****.

***** communist?

Great movie.  I lump it in with the likes of Lock, Stock & *****.

Edited by Indabuff
Aaaaand I see what happened here

12 hours ago, SwampD said:

Watching License to Kill right now. Who knew Benicio del Toro was that old?

Yup. It's part of the reason Timothy Dalton is such a great Bond! 😛

Yesterday I watched Goldfinger, The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker. My kid finally understands the gag of the secret agent whom everybody knows.

I don't get the hate for Dalton.  He reminds me the most of the character from the books and his movies have the same tone as the early books.  Much as I love Connery, Fleming changed the tone of the books to fit him whereas Dalton and the writers fit the books.

Also, he was great as Rassilon.

BTW, if you want to see the best acting George Lazenby ever did, have a look at the season 12 finale of "Hawaii Five-0", "The Year of the Dragon."  IMHO, he's the best thing in it.

29 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not true.

You, though, seem to be declaring victory before all the votes have been tallied.

I want to RALLY all of Genesee county (yes, part of the joke) against TARO and his lying MSM people!  Timothy Dalton won this election and FRAUD AND LAW AND ORDER.

Edited by Eleven

On 11/17/2020 at 1:08 PM, Eleven said:
On 11/17/2020 at 1:08 PM, Eleven said:

EXCELLENT question!

To the women on the board (or ask your significant other) ... who is the most attractive Bond from that list?

Still Sean.  Very handome dude.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
I'm an idiot ...

• 3 months later...

Not a big fan of Craig as 007 but its not entirely his fault,  Its a generational thing, 007 "Died" when the Cold War was over.   

Moore is the best, Connery is a close second (Moore's stories/plots were better/better gadgetry. etc)

Liked Dalton in "The Living Daylights" felt he suffered from the Bond series storylines changing and from having to come after Moore

4 hours ago, KC Scouts said:

Not a big fan of Craig as 007 but its not entirely his fault,  Its a generational thing, 007 "Died" when the Cold War was over.   

Moore is the best, Connery is a close second (Moore's stories/plots were better/better gadgetry. etc)

Liked Dalton in "The Living Daylights" felt he suffered from the Bond series storylines changing and from having to come after Moore

The whole notion of a super spy does seem kind of silly without the Cold War backdrop, doesn't it? 

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

I told my wife that Alonzo Mosely had passed.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I'M MOSELEY!!!!!

55 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Watch your cigarettes around this guy, Jack!

That's just straight fire boys.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.