The "Whoops I posted Politics in the Main Forum" Thread

Zamboni

7 hours ago, I-90 W said:

I don’t think Jack will ask to be traded; they are making real substantial changes to the forward group. Really have a feeling he knows what this city is about and will stay loyal. 

Not to mention, once he tastes Buffalo playoffs atmosphere he will be hooked for sure.

Side note: I know I’m supposed to dislike the Leafs more than any team but my biggest rival for us has always been the Bruins, can’t stand them. 

Hall on a one year. Don’t assume he will or will not sign a multi year with the Sabres next off season.

Staal most likely one year. Then gone. 

Reinhart i can see going either way next off season, regardless of playoffs.

IF IF IF Hall doesn’t sign next off season, Staal moves on or retires, Reinhart decides to look elsewhere ... what do you think Eichel’s mindset will be even IF the Sabres make the playoffs? Especially if the Person who “runs” the state doesn’t allow one or very very limited number of fans the building? I can easily see Eichel deciding to move on too. Yes, this coming season is important, they must make the playoffs, but keeping the team stocked and stacked in the off season so Eichel wants to stay is equally important.

Edited by Zamboni

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Hall on a one year. Don’t assume he will or will not sign a multi year with the Sabres next off season.

IF IF IF Hall doesn’t sign next off season, Staal moves on or retires, Reinhart decides to look elsewhere ... what do you think Eichel’s mindset will be even IF the Sabres make the playoffs? Especially if the Dictator Cuomo doesn’t allow one or very very limited number of fans the building? I can easily see Eichel deciding to move on too. Yes, this coming season is important, they must make the playoffs, but keeping the team stocked and stacked in the off season so Eichel wants to stay is equally important.

I think TP and KA are aware of everything and will do what is needed to keep our franchise player happy. Recent moves, temporary or not, indicate such. 

Far as our Governor is concerned, Jack is from MA so he is familiar with blue state life. Also, though I probably agree with you politically, we should stick to hockey on here. I hate when this board bickers over politics etc

3 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

You’re not the only one. 

When I was growing up, the Bruins were the ones always tormenting the Sabres in the playoffs from the mid-80’s to the mid-90’s. 

Then there were incidents like Lucic and Miller, and me being spit on by Bruins fans at a game in Boston which further cemented my dislike of them.

I hear ya. I’m about 40 minutes from the VT border so there are plenty of Bruins fans by me, including my brother. I too will never forget the Lucic incident. 

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

IF IF IF Hall doesn’t sign next off season, Staal moves on or retires, Reinhart decides to look elsewhere ... what do you think Eichel’s mindset will be even IF the Sabres make the playoffs? Especially if the Person who “runs” the state doesn’t allow one or very very limited number of fans the building? I can easily see Eichel deciding to move on too. Yes, this coming season is important, they must make the playoffs, but keeping the team stocked and stacked in the off season so Eichel wants to stay is equally important.

Reinhart is an rfa.

Maybe "if the Person who “runs” the country" had done their job we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

Either you take away all or none Freeman. You removed posts yesterday because someone put "scientists" in quotes oddly but this post just sits here with the lightest of wrist slaps. 

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I regretfully agree with almost all of this, but please keep the political jabs off the main board.

So remove that. Or be biased. Pucks in your rink.

Given that politics creeps in the other forums and gets moved here I figured I would create the catch all basin for it.  Most recently discussions on Eichel trade demands ended up in the COVID thread.. they don't belong there.  Given there is no where else for them to go.. the ended up somewhere.

So now.. @nfreeman - please just move the stupid crap from the main forums here.  Regardless of the topic.  Frankly it's disrupting to see crap from the main forums end up in a thread here that had nothing to do with what was being discussed there.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Not saying anyone is looking to find “free” ways to watch Sabres games nor am I lawyer. That said the new COVID bill has some stuff in there about copyright laws and streaming. Maybe someone else can clarify. 

Pork is an amazing thing lol. 

I don’t know where to put this and I know it’s not a good day to discuss but I’m trying to put the puzzle pieces together. 

Below is an article on the Nashville explosion. I subscribe to the idea this is domestic terrorism. Typically terrorists execute their operations to achieve a religious, political or ideological goal. In this case I think it’s ideological. International terrorists would target something/somewhere bigger inside the U.S.

An audio warning came from the RV, likely to mitigate loss of life. The attack happened on a day where most people are at home which also mitigates loss of life. The RV was parked near an AT&T building and exploded shortly after police arrived in response to gunfire. The steps taken to mitigate loss of life is used by terrorists to avoid turning a populace against them, sometimes an information campaign supports their actions.

Based on limited information of the event, whoever did this may have had two targets; police and AT&T building (corporate America).

Additionally I think this was a command (RC) detonation. My research indicates this particular area is undergoing a shift.  Bigger, more modern homes, arts district. Likely a reduction in crime has made it more attractive for people to come to. It also makes it more difficult for a terrorist surveillance/reconnaissance element to judge police timing.  Hence this was command detonated not a timed delay. Maybe a suicide bomber depending on exploitation of the IED.

My conclusion is this is likely a “lone wolf” attack. The intent was to strike corporate America and the police which are two recently vilified groups. Mitigation of loss of life supports a message of “its the people vs these vilified groups” (hearts and minds).  

Then again it could be someone who just wanted to cause havoc on Christmas and this is all just coincidental. 

Sorry for the long read.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/25/nashville-explosion-christmas/%3foutputType=amp

Edited by SABRES 0311

On 12/25/2020 at 6:15 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

I don’t know where to put this and I know it’s not a good day to discuss but I’m trying to put the puzzle pieces together. 

Below is an article on the Nashville explosion. I subscribe to the idea this is domestic terrorism. Typically terrorists execute their operations to achieve a religious, political or ideological goal. In this case I think it’s ideological. International terrorists would target something/somewhere bigger inside the U.S.

An audio warning came from the RV, likely to mitigate loss of life. The attack happened on a day where most people are at home which also mitigates loss of life. The RV was parked near an AT&T building and exploded shortly after police arrived in response to gunfire. The steps taken to mitigate loss of life is used by terrorists to avoid turning a populace against them, sometimes an information campaign supports their actions.

Based on limited information of the event, whoever did this may have had two targets; police and AT&T building (corporate America).

Additionally I think this was a command (RC) detonation. My research indicates this particular area is undergoing a shift.  Bigger, more modern homes, arts district. Likely a reduction in crime has made it more attractive for people to come to. It also makes it more difficult for a terrorist surveillance/reconnaissance element to judge police timing.  Hence this was command detonated not a timed delay. Maybe a suicide bomber depending on exploitation of the IED.

My conclusion is this is likely a “lone wolf” attack. The intent was to strike corporate America and the police which are two recently vilified groups. Mitigation of loss of life supports a message of “its the people vs these vilified groups” (hearts and minds).  

Then again it could be someone who just wanted to cause havoc on Christmas and this is all just coincidental. 

Sorry for the long read.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/25/nashville-explosion-christmas/%3foutputType=amp

I'm only peripherally following this but it doesn't appear to be following the path of terrorism. Seems like someone decided to commit suicide in a very demonstrable way.

My suspicion was on a person who was laid off from AT&T and that was the last straw but I also read a possible link to 5G causes cancer type stuff too.  I'll have to read more but I don't think this was terrorism. 

1 hour ago, LTS said:

I'm only peripherally following this but it doesn't appear to be following the path of terrorism. Seems like someone decided to commit suicide in a very demonstrable way.

My suspicion was on a person who was laid off from AT&T and that was the last straw but I also read a possible link to 5G causes cancer type stuff too.  I'll have to read more but I don't think this was terrorism. 

You may be right.  Depends on his motives. I saw car bomb/suicide bomber and went with it.  

On 12/22/2020 at 4:23 PM, I-90 W said:

Pork is an amazing thing lol. 

The copyright bill is tougher penalties for those hosting illegal streams.

On 12/22/2020 at 4:35 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

Yeah I think there is something in the bill about gender programs in Pakistan for no less than $10 mil. 

25mil and it's in the omnibus bill that covers the government spending, not specifically the covid bill from my understanding. 

That said, this country has major issues if it's own citizens are starving while they fund gender education in Pakistan. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 9:39 AM, LGR4GM said:

The copyright bill is tougher penalties for those hosting illegal streams.

25mil and it's in the omnibus bill that covers the government spending, not specifically the covid bill from my understanding. 

That said, this country has major issues if it's own citizens are starving while they fund gender education in Pakistan. 

I wonder who sponsored this... why we need line item veto

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SabresBillsFan said:

This team isn’t watchable. Watching this team is like taking 2:30-3:00 hours of your life and throwing it in a trash can. I don’t know what’s worse watching this team or Joe Biden. Both are not deserving of any of our time.

The third sentence shouldn't be here. 

Edited by PerreaultForever

2 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

This team isn’t watchable. Watching this team is like taking 2:30-3:00 hours of your life and throwing it in a trash can. I don’t know what’s worse watching this team or Joe Biden. Both are not deserving of any of our time.

Or Trump 

14 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Like I said: I don't think Krueger is a liar or a grifter. And I don't think he's full of sh1t. I think he means well. He just ... he just doesn't know what he's doing. But I think he comes by this incompetence honestly.

I disagree.  I think he's a megalomaniac.  He's a less belligerent but no less harmful version of a recently defeated politician I know of.

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I disagree.  I think he's a megalomaniac.  He's a less belligerent but no less harmful version of a recently defeated politician I know of.

Hmm. Interesting.

It is possible, of course. I'm open to this possibility.

Also: Are we in the wrong thread? Lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From the article 

If Krueger is Buffalo’s coach in 2021-22, then I will ride a tricycle around Lafayette Square in just a diaper.

Given that two tweets came out from two different people, I think there is certainly something to it 

Thanks for the clarification on the diaper reference.  I originally thought he was referencing having to wear a "face diaper" - in response to Gov Cuomo's deceit and lies surrounding covid/wuhan-virus.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jävə Keith said:

Thanks for the clarification on the diaper reference.  I originally thought he was referencing having to wear a "face diaper" - in response to Gov Cuomo's deceit and lies surrounding covid/wuhan-virus.

Lol, wUt?  Y hear doh?

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

They could be bad people too. We don't really know them. 

Environmentalists would certainly question their character 🙂

<PoliticalBecauseItNeedsToBeSaid>

We need more people like the Pegulas in NYS.  We need lower taxes, less regulation, and everything that helped them become billionaires.  IF they are bad people, I want more people like that changing the employment culture in NYS and bring us to the 1980's.  I am sick and tired of NYS chasing people out of upstate with such gusto because of our idiotic politics.  I want Buffalo to be a business hub again.

</PoliticalBecauseItNeedsToBeSaid>

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2