Contracts question

Radar

@Radar, look at the Standard Player Contract in the CBA. Item 17 is what is called the Force Majure clause, I do not know how to spell it

17. If because of any condition arising from a state of war or other cause beyond the control of the League or of the Club, it shall be deemed advisable by the League or the Club to suspend or cease or reduce operations, then: (a) in the event of suspension of operations, the Player shall be entitled only to the proportion of Paragraph 1 Salary due at the date of suspension, (b) in the event of cessation of operations, the Paragraph 1 Salary shall be automatically canceled on the date of cessation, and (c) in the event of reduction of operations, the Paragraph 1 Salary shall be replaced by that mutually agreed upon between the Club and the Player, or, in the absence of mutual agreement, by that determined by neutral arbitration.

I believe, and not being a contract lawyer I can only advise you to not take my advice, the contracts won't roll over to next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.