I figured most of you dads would get a kick out of this...

SJSabres Fan

15 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Work/life balance is important, it's more important than salary in most cases, I leave a bunch on the table to fulfill my life goals 

Yes indeed. I wish I knew that sooner.  I could have retired years ago and yet I keep going.  So even if I understood the work/life balance thing sooner, I’m not sure I would do anything differently.  

This thing in my head to work, provide, and save was put deep into my brain as a very young boy.  Covid quarantine was my latest  reason to postpone retirement.   Now I plan to make the move to retirement this coming spring.   We are all wired differently and shaped by different external forces.   

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yes indeed. I wish I knew that sooner.  I could have retired years ago and yet I keep going.  So even if I understood the work/life balance thing sooner, I’m not sure I would do anything differently.  

This thing in my head to work, provide, and save was put deep into my brain as a very young boy.  Covid quarantine was my latest  reason to postpone retirement.   Now I plan to make the move to retirement this coming spring.   We are all wired differently and shaped by different external forces.   

Of course, I always had a strong work ethic, I took that into the Navy with me. Somewhere in the last 5-10 years something changed, not sure if medicine did it, I still work hard and to the best of my abilities, but the days of bragging and one upping friends about working more hours per week are over lol. Not everyone has that ability and I understand that; maybe I've gone soft in my advanced age 😂

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/11/2020 at 8:54 AM, Cal Naughton Jr said:

100%. Social media in general is to blame for the downfall of society. It’s not about being there, it’s about showing everyone that you’re there. I recently deactivated my Facebook because it’s just a toxic place now that the election is “over”. Just so much hate and hostility...

Check this out.  https://www.netflix.com/title/81254224   

• Like (+1) 1

I used to work 12+ hours a day everyday and only get paid for my normal salary. something clicked in me one day that it does me no good. My boss even said so. All it does is show that they can keep giving me more. 

At this point I put i put in my 8 hours and the owner of the company is now paying ot. Even though we are salary. I dont work ot for free unless its caused by my mistake. 

I also found i am significantly less stressed that my old boss quit. She wss all about impressing people at our expense. Can you work this weekend, ok good. Im going to do this sweet thing. Wait your not helping? Just me working, no thanks 

Edited by miles

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.