The College Football Thread

GASabresIUFAN

12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Of course.  They were at PSU for the PSU/OSU game just a few weeks ago.  

Nice win by the Cats.  Now we both need to beat Wis.

Good luck with OSU that’s a tough match up. OSU will be favored by 10 I suspect. Wisconsin also looks very strong and I think they will be favored by 8.  

On 11/14/2020 at 10:59 PM, freester said:

Good luck with OSU that’s a tough match up. OSU will be favored by 10 I suspect. Wisconsin also looks very strong and I think they will be favored by 8.  

They were favored by 20.5.  Great game by the Hoosiers. They showed they were worthy of their top 10 ranking.  Loved the NW D against the Badgers.  

So far this season, Florida and Alabama look like the two best teams followed by Clemson, OSU and Cinn.  OSU defense is very suspect.  

• Like (+1) 1

Tough loss for the NW Cats.  

Looks like GA found a QB,  and IU keeps rolling on a personal level.

However, Bama, Clemson, FL and Tex AM are the best teams with ND and OSU nearby.  Is it wrong of me to hope that OSU doesn’t get to 6 Big 10 games? 

CFP prediction Bama, Clemson OSU and Cinn. I’m figuring Clemson destroys ND in the ACC Championship.  Bama kills FL in the SEC.  OSU gets their 6 games and wins the Big 10. That leaves one slot for Tex AM, ND or Cinn.  Let’s give the undefeated little guy a shot.

51 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Your continued refusal to recognize the best team in Indiana, which actually BEAT Clemson, is amazing.

If ND can beat Clemson in the ACC Championship game then they go to the CFP. However struggling with team like BC and Louisville and then beating Clemson without Lawrence, a nice win, but doesn’t make them a top tier team.  Sorry.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If ND can beat Clemson in the ACC Championship game then they go to the CFP. However struggling with team like BC and Louisville and then beating Clemson without Lawrence, a nice win, but doesn’t make them a top tier team.  Sorry.  

Ah, I forgot that Clemson gets a redo this year.

9 hours ago, freester said:

I’m bummed that both my teams Northwestern and Michigan had their games canceled. IU loses its QB with a torn ACL and now the Big 10 is changing its rules to allow Ohio State to play in BIG championship game so they can make the playoffs. I hate Ohio State. 

Ain’t that the truth.

It's all about the Benjamins.  The whole conference and every team in it gets more money if one of their teams makes the playoff.  And because it's all about the money, college football is really shady.

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Michigan is a joke, there's no way they can continue to let Harbough drive that program into the ground.

It's amazing how bad Michigan and Penn State are and how far they've fallen.  Hopefully karma at work in regard to Penn State.

6 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

It's all about the Benjamins.  The whole conference and every team in it gets more money if one of their teams makes the playoff.  And because it's all about the money, college football is really shady.

It's amazing how bad Michigan and Penn State are and how far they've fallen.  Hopefully karma at work in regard to Penn State.

If it were karma, PS would've been the Pop Warner team getting abused by all opponents the last decade, not just this season.

42 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Michigan is a joke, there's no way they can continue to let Harbough drive that program into the ground.

It's been at least two years since I said this.  It's just so obvious.  And you have to wonder who is going to be their Nick Saban to pick up the pieces and reboot the program.

Edited by Eleven

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

If it were karma, PS would've been the Pop Warner team getting abused by all opponents the last decade, not just this season.

Well I can only hope that karma was delayed in this instance and they're this bad for a long time. They certainly were largely let off the hook by the NCAA.

Huge win for IU playing with a backup QB. Hopefully we see IU vs NU in Big 10 championship but I think they will change the rules to allow Ohio State to play. 
 I’m hearing rumors that Harbaugh is signing a 3 year extension. I know that won’t make Eleven happy but it’s the best move for Michigan. Ok 

12 minutes ago, freester said:

Huge win for IU playing with a backup QB. Hopefully we see IU vs NU in Big 10 championship but I think they will change the rules to allow Ohio State to play. 
 I’m hearing rumors that Harbaugh is signing a 3 year extension. I know that won’t make Eleven happy but it’s the best move for Michigan. Ok 

Very proud of my Hoosiers.  They played tough and its great having a backup who can really play.  Karma would be great if Michigan can’t play, the Big 10 finds a pair and keeps OSU out of the championship.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, freester said:

Know everybody at MSU is hoping your Harbaugh news is accurate.  They LOVE Harbaugh.  (ALMOST as much as Bills fans love Adam Gase. 😉 )

50 minutes ago, freester said:

I don't care about Michigan or Harbaugh; I just think it's fascinating that the guy still has his job.  Like he has pictures of the entire Michigan Board of Regents doing wrong things with goats or something.

15 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't care about Michigan or Harbaugh; I just think it's fascinating that the guy still has his job.  Like he has pictures of the entire Michigan Board of Regents doing wrong things with goats or something.

They have a choice keep the Michigan guy who the boosters like or get rid of him.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.