The College Football Thread

GASabresIUFAN

Crazy NCAA season so far.

Clemson lost to ND of all people.  ND fans enjoy the win, but Trevor will be back for the rematch

Penn St is 0-3 (now ranked 52 by CBS a 31 place drop)

Michigan 1-2 (now ranked 48th by CBS)

Indiana 3-0 with wins over Penn St and Michigan, AP & Coaches Rank 10th.  For the First time since the 1960's

Northwestern is also 3-0 (behind Indiana's former QB) and leading the Big 10 West.  

Georgia is 4-2 despite not having a QB.  

The U is back 6-1, maybe.

Oklahoma (with a loss to K St) and Texas trail Iowa St and OK St in the SWC (ok Big 12 with only 10 teams)

Of course Alabama is undefeated, while defending champ LSU is 2-3.  

My guess is 3 of the 4 teams in the playoffs are pretty much decided; Alabama, Ohio St and the ACC winner between ND and Clemson

What is the biggest surprise so far?  In my semi-humble opinion, a top 10 ranked Hoosiers squad.  Okla, GA and LSU where bound to pullback after so many roster losses.  The total collapse of Penn St is also a huge surprise.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

20 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Crazy NCAA season so far.

Clemson lost to ND of all people.  ND fans enjoy the win, but Trevor will be back for the rematch

Penn St is 0-3 (now ranked 52 by CBS a 31 place drop)

Michigan 1-2 (now ranked 48th by CBS)

Indiana 3-0 with wins over Penn St and Michigan, AP & Coaches Rank 10th.  For the First time since the 1960's

Northwestern is also 3-0 (behind Indiana's former QB) and leading the Big 10 West.  

Georgia is 4-2 despite not having a QB.  

The U is back 6-1, maybe.

Oklahoma (with a loss to K St) and Texas trail Iowa St and OK St in the SWC (ok Big 12 with only 10 teams)

Of course Alabama is undefeated, while defending champ LSU is 2-3.  

My guess is 3 of the 4 teams in the playoffs are pretty much decided; Alabama, Ohio St and the ACC winner between ND and Clemson

What is the biggest surprise so far?  In my semi-humble opinion, a top 10 ranked Hoosiers squad.  Okla, GA and LSU where bound to pullback after so many roster losses.  The total collapse of Penn St is also a huge surprise.  

Indiana being top 10 is surprising.  Cincinnati being top 6 (top 5 after last weekend?) has to be an even bigger surprise.  The friggin' Bear Cats w/ a shot at the playoff?  Absolutely crazy talk before this season started.

LSU's offense coming back to earth isn't surprising with all the graduations & the loss of the OC.  But their defense being about as good as Syracuse's IS surprising. 

11 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I don’t think anything in spirts has surprised me as much as Liberty being in the top 25.

if you asked me before this year I would have guess they played teams like Buff State.

Still think Cincinnati having a real chance to get in the playoff with just 1 or 2 more things breaking their way is a bigger surprise.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

That, and not being known as "Felon U."

But the AAC is roughly MAAC quality, so any of their teams being ranked as high as Cincy is is a story IMHO.

The AAC is several steps ahead of the MAC, bucko.  They're not close at all.  It's like comparing the AHL to the ECHL.  

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The AAC is several steps ahead of the MAC, bucko.  They're not close at all.  It's like comparing the AHL to the ECHL.  

UCF is the only team in that conference that typically is good.

Neither conference is typically even close to the Mountain West.  Which can never get any respect either, even though they have Boise State. 

41 minutes ago, freester said:

Next week battle of unbeatens Ohio State vs Indiana. Will ESPN GAME DAY go to Columbus?

29 minutes ago, freester said:

Because it’s the best matchup of the week. Indiana is a great underdog story and Justin Fields will probably be at worst 2nd pick in the draft. 

Best matchup in the schedule (on paper).  Proud of my Hoosiers but OSU is on another level I think.  However,  I was in the Horseshoe in 87 when IU best them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.