Sabres Sign Goalie Dustin Tokarski to a 2 Year Deal

Brawndo

17 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We'd have too many goalies if we added another, right? And I don't really see anyone taking Hutton.

Only as a salary dump, to balance contracts.

I could see teams willing to send a goalie out (like Arizona) being interested in Johansson — not as a valuable asset, but as a depth addition, with some upside and minimal cap impact.

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Only as a salary dump, to balance contracts.

I could see teams willing to send a goalie out (like Arizona) being interested in Johansson — not as a valuable asset, but as a depth addition, with some upside and minimal cap impact.

This seems unlikely to me. But possible, I guess?

The second bit you suggested could happen, too. Hutton to Roch always seemed the most likely, though, and this deal pretty much takes that off the table. IMO the tea-leaves say it's looking a bit more likely we are looking at close to the final roster. 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This seems unlikely to me. But possible, I guess?

Agree.

Circumstances have changed, but Hutton for Fleury would have been an example.

The Knights could have made a much-needed $4.25 million salary dump and plugged Hutton in as a backup. The Sabres would have had a vet co-starter at a reasonable $4.25 cap increase.

Tell the Coyotes they can trade us Kuemper for a 2nd, or for Hutton and 2 2nds.

Just examples.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Hutton + someone = someone new 

You think anyone would trade an NHL player for a goalie who can’t see straight? 

19 hours ago, inkman said:

Why is everyone so certain the Sabres are shopping for a goalie?  Nothing I’ve heard has indicated such.  

Maybe it’s because they need a goalie 

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Predictions thread time? Roster pretty much set?

It's mid-August.  Refuse to accept that there will not be an actual NHL move for a goalie until our Jewish friends are celebrating Hanukkah (assuming the season kicks off NYD, if "game on" slides to Groundhog Day, won't accept it until Presidents' Day).

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

It's mid-August.  Refuse to accept that there will not be an actual NHL move for a goalie until our Jewish friends are celebrating Hanukkah (assuming the season kicks off NYD, if "game on" slides to Groundhog Day, won't accept it until Presidents' Day).

I thinking there could be a move (s), but I think right now it's a bit more likely there isn't. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Would not surprise me if this guy gets into games this year for Sabres. If Hutton is a total dud then this is the second best goalie in the organization at this point

I wouldn’t be surprised either.  I’d love to see a bounce back for Hutton, but he is 35 at this point and he may just be washed up.

Still have a little hope that Buffalo can make a move for another goalie.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.